Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everyone. I got myself behind the wheel of my first Lexus on Thursday and I've got to say I think it is an absolutely fantastic car. So smooth, powerful and a pleasure to drive. I took it out on the motorway late last night when the road was deserted to see what it could do, it was lightening fast up to 100mph and well beyond ..... it wanted to keep going but I lost the bottle and pulled back, but my heart was suitably racing by then !

I traded from a BMW 520 and I think there's no comparison ..... the Lexus is a far superior car. I was a little dubious about what the fuel consumption would be but so far it seems to be no heavier on the juice than the 520 about which I'm relieved !

One question I've got is about the wheels. It's not even something I was conscious of when buying the car but it's got 245/45 R18 boots on. Is this size standard ?? 'Cause they seem awfully big to me !

And by the way, are there any other Irish users on this forum ? I live in Dublin myself.

Ciao !

Hi everyone. I got myself behind the wheel of my first Lexus on Thursday and I've got to say I think it is an absolutely fantastic car. So smooth, powerful and a pleasure to drive. I took it out on the motorway late last night when the road was deserted to see what it could do, it was lightening fast up to 100mph and well beyond ..... it wanted to keep going but I lost the bottle and pulled back, but my heart was suitably racing by then !

I traded from a BMW 520 and I think there's no comparison ..... the Lexus is a far superior car. I was a little dubious about what the fuel consumption would be but so far it seems to be no heavier on the juice than the 520 about which I'm relieved !

One question I've got is about the wheels. It's not even something I was conscious of when buying the car but it's got 245/45 R18 boots on. Is this size standard ?? 'Cause they seem awfully big to me !

And by the way, are there any other Irish users on this forum ? I live in Dublin myself.

Ciao !

Hi - congrats on your choice of car... sure you're gonna continue to be happy with it!

I have a GS430 (2001) and the standard tyres are 235/45 17s - however these are not much smaller than yours. I should think the 18" option wheels probably are that size. Is yours a Sport model? You don't say what year your car is either, they have come with both 16" and 17" wheels as standard and 18" has always been available as an option either straight from the factory or aftermarket.

There are at least a couple of other Irish users on here, sure they'll make themselves known to you when they read this topic.

Mike

It's a '98 Executive model. I guessed the wheels must have been some sort of aftermarket jobbie, but thankfully it had a brand new set of tyres fitted by the main dealer when I bought it so hopefully I won't need to pay €200 a pop for a long time yet !

Almost a week into ownership now .... it just gets sweeter and sweeter. I haven't stayed late at work since buying it because I just want to get out and drive it home :D

I never heard of a 1998 GS300 Executive model anywhere in the world! Oh - welcome!

Tyres don't sound standard. GS300 Sports had 245/40 18s all round as standard. Be careful with the car in the wet, going fast in the dry is one thing, but they are rear wheel drive.

I never heard of a 1998 GS300 Executive model anywhere in the world!

Well I don't know - the dealer said it was an Executive model when I bought it ..... I don't have a clue to be honest what model it is. Is there some way to conclusively tell ?

It's a model we've not come across before. What does the official registration paperwork descibe it as? In the UK, the V5 document states the model of the vehicle, I guess you must have something similar?

A quick google for GS300 Executive turned up a couple of definite hits that were Ireland based e.g.linky so I guess it's probably a model designation used in Ireland.

I don't know for sure but I'd imagine it correlates roughly with the SE spec here?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links