Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All ,

for those with petrol 250 's - 16500k on the clock - serviced at 10k - 16500 oil level below mid way on stick - top up with pack supplied with service - noticed engine rattle on start up a few months ago - after 30-50 mile trips and car left for a few hours and then used - this is when I get the rattle ( not all the time)- to all you mechs and machiniacl engineers I think you will know my worst fears . reved the engine up to 4-5 k not a good sound - should sound sweet as a nut- big V6 -

will talk to lexus Bristol tomorrow - I just know its going to be a fight -

have not seen any topics on this subject so It looks like it could be a first -(new engine - or main bearings - crank)

will let you know how I get on -

Swager

Hi All ,

for those with petrol 250 's - 16500k on the clock - serviced at 10k - 16500 oil level below mid way on stick - top up with pack supplied with service - noticed engine rattle on start up a few months ago - after 30-50 mile trips and car left for a few hours and then used - this is when I get the rattle ( not all the time)- to all you mechs and machiniacl engineers I think you will know my worst fears . reved the engine up to 4-5 k not a good sound - should sound sweet as a nut- big V6 -

will talk to lexus Bristol tomorrow - I just know its going to be a fight -

have not seen any topics on this subject so It looks like it could be a first -(new engine - or main bearings - crank)

will let you know how I get on -

Swager

Doesn't sound good. Let us know how it goes,,Tim Fox is usually pretty good. Mines on 14K and still sweet as a nut with no rattles from anywhere, gets thrashed most of the time as well, although never over 2000 rpm until it's up to temperature. :winky: A ticking from the injector pump is the only 'odd' noise I get, and only noticable with the bonnet up.

Hi All,

cool responce from Bristol service - as its intermittent i need to give lots of feed back ie milage - temp - driving conditions - outside temp blah blah .As for oil consumption its normal some do some dont burn that amount of oil so from 9600k servive to 16300k it has burnt enough oil to make me top up - in my book its crap - service will look at it on next service 20k or December .mentioned lexus web site in the US and it is a issue with serveral owners and there is a fix for it- it will have to get worse to get better I think .So I will keep my ear to the engine and say a prayer .( asc I said it looks like another fight with service and knowing myself the IS will go !!!!!!)

cheers

swager

Mine is coming up on 16500m but with no noticeable engine noise. Can you post a link to the USLOC post on the engine problems

and fix.

Just interested in what the issues are.

Infinity...

So I will keep my ear to the engine and say a prayer .( asc I said it looks like another fight with service and knowing myself the IS will go !!!!!!)

Have you had the car from new? If not how many miles have you put on it since purchasing?

So I will keep my ear to the engine and say a prayer .( asc I said it looks like another fight with service and knowing myself the IS will go !!!!!!)

Have you had the car from new? If not how many miles have you put on it since purchasing?

Hi Tango

purchased from Lexus Bristol after a bad time with a used RX (thats a long story) and giving the Lexus brand a second chance after being out of pocket by sum 8.5 k over 9 months .

The IS was 6 months old and had one owner with 6k on the clock - so I have put some 10 k to date and up to this problem has been good except for the odd rattle and wiper blade problem - I will be getting my BMW 320 D sport coupe auto with pro sat nav and Bluetooth next week so it will be a good comparision between the two as I will drive the beama in the week and the IS over the weekends and wait for this intermittent engine rattle to get worse .

cheers

swager

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links