Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Alloy Recall...

bubblegoose

Did this happen?

If so when and which reg's does it affect as my alloys are looking a bit ropey and I think it may have missed the recall.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Martyn

Thats the problem with Lexus, thay dont tell you your alloys need changing you have to as them to change them :shutit:

If your car is 3yrs old and 60,000 miles and you alloys need changing, Lexus will change under warranty.

Affects all reg's mate.

• 4 weeks later...

Lexus Alloys wern't recalled you just asked your dealer to replace them if they started to corrode, and this was done free of charge until the warranty on the car ran out.

Had mine changed once under warranty, but just had them refurbed properly for £60 per wheel with the expectation they're not going to corrode again for some considerable time.

Same guy refurbed my Volks wheels on the 250 and gave them a check yesterday when I picked up the IS200 wheels. He said he'd had a bad batch of Lechlar clear laquer and that my Volks polished rims had probably been finished with it...so he's doing them again for free. Can't complain about that for customer care :)

so he's doing them again for free. Can't complain about that for customer care :)

Cant say fairer than that, thats how customer care should operate. :D

The clear coat was slightly cloudy and he thought it would clear after a few days of curing, but now it looks slightly speckled. Re-work suits me as I've accidently kerbed the front offside rim since he did them :tsktsk: . If anyone is putting 19" rims on, make sure you don't 'undertyre' the rims...I've got 225 on the 8.5J and there's not enough rubber to protect the rims...next changeout it will be 235's, even if I have to take a heat gun to the inner arch liner to get clearance on full lock.

Several guys in the US have put 20" rims on the 250/350...mad.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links