Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Needed With Courier Company

jason_l

Im trying to get a front bumper for a lexus is200 shipped from colchester to maidstone but i can't find a courier anywhere that will charge less than £150 :crying::crying::crying:

its not far from each distance, the problem is im pretty far from them both............if all else fails im going to have to drive myself!!! :crybaby:

unless anyone can recommend a good, cheap reliable courier that will take an item that is 1.8m long :shutit:

Thanks,

Jason :P

Ay up Jason there's a chap on fleabay that does a delivery service for alloy wheels and will do other items and looking at the prices he charges looks a good deal cheaper than most of the couriers i've seen? might be worth a look mate? just found a link matey...LINK'Y..

Thanks mate, didn't think to try eBay! :whistling: will give them a call tomorrow :)

try DHL they are cheap

Tried them and the parcel is to big for them to take! :(

• 1 year later...

You could try ukbackloads.com

You advertise the job you need doing and how much you are willing to pay and then interested couriers ring you up. Its good because you get a dedicated van so size and weight are not an issue and they all have insurance of about £5000 so that covers pretty much any part you need to send. It’s free to use and you can get stuff done really cheap, I got a full IS200 interior from Bristol to Manchester for £45 – impressive! It can take a few days to get it covered so you might struggle if you need something urgent, but on the whole I thought it was excellent.

You could try ukbackloads.com

You advertise the job you need doing and how much you are willing to pay and then interested couriers ring you up. Its good because you get a dedicated van so size and weight are not an issue and they all have insurance of about £5000 so that covers pretty much any part you need to send. It’s free to use and you can get stuff done really cheap, I got a full IS200 interior from Bristol to Manchester for £45 – impressive! It can take a few days to get it covered so you might struggle if you need something urgent, but on the whole I thought it was excellent.

Thanks for the reply but if you look at the date i posted this up it was nearly one and a half years ago i needed the courier! Needless to say i now have the bumper :whistling::lol:

Jason :P

try DHL they are cheap

DO NOT USE DHL!!!!! :tsktsk:

They smashed a vintage framed VW ad I was sending as a wedding gift in August. 3 days after collecting it it was returned as damaged. The glass had completely shreaded the print. Ruining what was a 21st gift to me and a wedding gift (something old) to a friend.

They still haven't said "sorry" and has taken until this week to get them to make out compensation cheque in the right name. A complete shower of :tsktsk:

Will NEVER EVER use them again.

try DHL they are cheap

DO NOT USE DHL!!!!! :tsktsk:

They smashed a vintage framed VW ad I was sending as a wedding gift in August. 3 days after collecting it it was returned as damaged. The glass had completely shreaded the print. Ruining what was a 21st gift to me and a wedding gift (something old) to a friend.

They still haven't said "sorry" and has taken until this week to get them to make out compensation cheque in the right name. A complete shower of :tsktsk:

Will NEVER EVER use them again.

I have to agree with you. Dodgy Handlers Limited

I used to use them regularly, it was more convenient having the goods collected from home instead of going to the P.O. but then they didn't turn up regularly, failed to deliver on time ( next day) then the prices went up considerably,compensation claims take forever.

Royal Mail Parcelforce 48 are now cheaper and the standard insurance is higher at £150.00.

Difficult to recommend any couriers. They all incidents at some point resulting in lost stolen or damaged goods. It was only Thursday I had 42" Plasma delivered with a Broken glass screen. Thankfully as the condition of the packaging was iffy I refused delivery.

Try FedEx....heard they were pretty reliable.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links