Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Question: When Was Your Altezza First Registered In The Uk?

museli

Hi, I made a post recently about the fact that I have to pay £300 a year on my Altezza which was first registered in the UK in June 2007. I contacted DVLA and this was the reply:

Thank you for your email.

As your vehicle was first registered in the UK after 23/03/06 and it was recorded as having CO2 emissions of 244g/km then it would fall into Band G which is £300 for the year.

Regards

Miss Layla Lucas

www.direct.gov.uk/motoring

How many of you have Altezzas registered after this date like mine as I know some of you do? I am not going to quote this site as my source, but I'm not happy I have to pay this ridiculous amount of road tax on a car made in 1999 that does not benefit from any technology that could aid in CO2 reduction, but I am not going to let this drop.

So I am going to do some research here and also contact some import companies and find out what they have to say on the matter.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Hi, I made a post recently about the fact that I have to pay £300 a year on my Altezza which was first registered in the UK in June 2007. I contacted DVLA and this was the reply:

Thank you for your email.

As your vehicle was first registered in the UK after 23/03/06 and it was recorded as having CO2 emissions of 244g/km then it would fall into Band G which is £300 for the year.

Regards

Miss Layla Lucas

www.direct.gov.uk/motoring

How many of you have Altezzas registered after this date like mine as I know some of you do? I am not going to quote this site as my source, but I'm not happy I have to pay this ridiculous amount of road tax on a car made in 1999 that does not benefit from any technology that could aid in CO2 reduction, but I am not going to let this drop.

So I am going to do some research here and also contact some import companies and find out what they have to say on the matter.

Thanks in advance for your input.

thats total bolox.it should be 99 pound for 6 months.unless your car has a problem with emmisions and when it was tested it came up with high emmisions.

it should be that much.mine was registered in the uk in june 2006.

Both our Altezza's (RS200's Auto's) were regestered around March this year (07). Both had recorded 225 CO2 and are paying £210....I think

The silver one had a CO2 reading of 225 straight away. Had to get the SVA agent to mess about with the blue one for ages to get it down to a reading of 225.... just to avoid paying the £300 squids if it was any higher.......

Think they had to scronge a 2 new lambda sensors... (this was at the height of the Tesco/Morissons Fuel crisis!) and the throttle position sensor...

So I suppose when your tezza was regestered, they didn't play with the engine to get the CO2 down.

Good luck.... IMHO, DVLA are a bunch of bast*ds at the best of times...

• 1 month later...

How come? http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Ownin...cle/DG_10012524 says for over 225g/km it's £165 for half year (£300pa). They've charged you the 'registered before 1.3.2001' price.

Had to get the SVA agent to mess about with the blue one for ages to get it down to a reading of 225
Is it possible to get my own spanner man to sort this, before the SVA test?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links