Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Best Xenon/hid For Is200?

RedLexus

The big problem I have, and why I am reluctant to fit angel eyes is that my headlamp lenses have a sort of yellowy coating on them, I suspect the previous owner of the car lived in Newquay and the salt has attacked the lens hardcoat. If anyone has seen this before and can suggest a way round it I would appreciate it. £127 PER LAMP from the dealer is a bit too much to pay :(

i was told my HID's had no beam pattern whatsoever? can that be right?? just put stock bulbs in for MOT, but that still baffles me...

Ok I've just checked my IS and I suspect the bulb cover has fallen off. It must be in the lamp and maybe you knocked it off whilst fitting the other bulbs. Its a small metal shield that sits over the bulb but is attached to the headlamp. Normally it is sprung to just be held in position by its legs. Check for that mate.

cheers for your input. where will this cover now be if its fallen off? in the light housing??? how easy will it be put back on correctly??

It should be in the headlamp. You may have to get the headlamp off to fish it out. Just press the legs in to put it back in position, HOWEVER it must be the right way round. The legs should be offset to ensure you do it right but may not, so check the beam against the wall as you do it.

if u mean the reasonable sized chrome looking cone shaped cover that attaches via 2 prongs, then both of these are fully attached. I'm not sure what the problem could be to be honest. No idea how i could get a spacer and still have the bulbds fit correctly in the twist fitment....

i was told my HID's had no beam pattern whatsoever? can that be right?? just put stock bulbs in for MOT, but that still baffles me...

Ok I've just checked my IS and I suspect the bulb cover has fallen off. It must be in the lamp and maybe you knocked it off whilst fitting the other bulbs. Its a small metal shield that sits over the bulb but is attached to the headlamp. Normally it is sprung to just be held in position by its legs. Check for that mate.

cheers for your input. where will this cover now be if its fallen off? in the light housing??? how easy will it be put back on correctly??

It should be in the headlamp. You may have to get the headlamp off to fish it out. Just press the legs in to put it back in position, HOWEVER it must be the right way round. The legs should be offset to ensure you do it right but may not, so check the beam against the wall as you do it.

if u mean the reasonable sized chrome looking cone shaped cover that attaches via 2 prongs, then both of these are fully attached. I'm not sure what the problem could be to be honest. No idea how i could get a spacer and still have the bulbds fit correctly in the twist fitment....

What happens when you park up against a wall and shine the light against it can you see the cutoff correctly?

ok my cheap assed eBay kit arrived from Hong Kong this morning, beautifully packaged (seriously I might get the guy to do my christmas presents), and it all looks the business. So I am gonna have a go at fitting it at the weekend.

Having had a look in my IS sport, the problem is going to be access to the passenger side lamp (I really don't want to have to remove it), and also where to sit the ballast on that side as I have two large plastic boxes bolted to the chassis in that position. Any advice from someone with a Sport would be appreciated

ok my cheap assed ebay kit arrived from Hong Kong this morning, beautifully packaged (seriously I might get the guy to do my christmas presents), and it all looks the business. So I am gonna have a go at fitting it at the weekend.

Having had a look in my IS sport, the problem is going to be access to the passenger side lamp (I really don't want to have to remove it), and also where to sit the ballast on that side as I have two large plastic boxes bolted to the chassis in that position. Any advice from someone with a Sport would be appreciated

cant help mate but would be interested to hear how you get on as i too have a sport. thinking of getting a set of these cheapos.

maybe you could take a few snaps while fitting and do a mini guide :whistling::tomato:

No help on how to get to the passenger side lamp etc, but I mounted the ballast on my GS300 under the head lamp in the big space in the front bumper. It was easy to do with the indicator removed. Keeps it all nice and tidy and out of sight.

I was hoping to do this without having to remove the headlamp tbh. I don't have a lot of free time for stuff like this with our new arrival ;)

I spotted a likely place for the ballast on the side of the black box by the passenger side headlamp. I'll take the car out and see how hot that area gets, if it stays cool then I'll attach the ballast to that. Ideally though under the headlamps may be best.

I've searched forma tutoriasl to remove the headlamps just in case, but can't find it. Can anyone point me to a good tutorial?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links