Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Induction Kit For A 300?

Edd

Hi all.

I just wanted some peoples opinions from around here about what would suit the Is300 best. I just want to free it up a wee bit and just to hear the engine because the car is usually so quiet.

I've seen k&n typhoon kits for it for about £170 and just cant decide if its gonna be right or not.

Don't want to go down the exhaust line (For now!)

Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Edd.

Yep, so long as it's the 2nd generation one .... as the first designs were snapping the bracket!

They sounded wicked! Ive got a video clip somewhere ............ :)

Good news cos I've just ordered mine :D . Hope it doesn't snap!!

I'll try and upload a video once its all up an runnin.

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.

• 1 year later...
Yep, so long as it's the 2nd generation one .... as the first designs were snapping the bracket!

They sounded wicked! Ive got a video clip somewhere ............ :)

Good news cos I've just ordered mine :D . Hope it doesn't snap!!

I'll try and upload a video once its all up an runnin.

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.

Sorry to bring an old post up but as eneybody got eney pics of this kit fitted and eney more feed back about it?

I still have mine fitted, I have cleaned the fliter with the K&N cleaning kit about 8 months ago, it had a few miles though it before I cleaned it btu I cant remember how many.

I had mine swapped for the second gen version shortly after I fitted it, there should be a thread on here with the details in it somewhere. The second gen one came with a better surround which had a rubber gasket on it, this has since perrished but the rest of it is fine.

I have some pics somewhere but I dont think they are on the net so cant post much at the moment as I am away from home.

I fitted mine a couple of weeks back. No pics yet. But it does make a lovely throaty growl when accelerating hard and is pretty much unnoticeable when driving normally. Makes the engine bay look a bit more serious too.

Don't expect much in performance difference though - you will probably feel that the car is "sportier" but that's more likely to be the effect of the noise rather than claimed 8bhp increase.

I did the throttle response mod at about the same time so it's doubly hard for me to tell the impact on performance.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links