Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I still have the original 1999 sat nav CD in my Mk4 LS400 (ver 2.1 of that year). In London it works quite well. However on many occasions when travelling to a destination up north which is slightly out of town / off motorway when entering the road name it is able to find it on the database and directs you. However all is well until about 1 or 2 miles before your destination it says "You are now in the vicinity of your destination. Your route guidance will now be discontinued" and you are dropped off in the middle of nowhere. Is this due to a weak GPS signal or is the problem solved upgrading the nav disc ?

I wish to purchase a 2006-2007 nav CD anyway and I have tried http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/ but it doesn’t list the LS400 under vehicle list. Is there a contact phone number for them ?

I went to Lexus Woodford and asked them if I was to order a new disc if it will be 2006-2007 (as per what is on the website above) they said they were not sure if would be 2007 but “it would be the latest one”. Could anyone confirm what version Lexus dealers are supplying if anyone has purchased one recently for their Mk4 ?

Thanks

I think a newer CD/DVD will make a difference....

When you use the mapupdate website, try and choose a different vehicle, as the disks fit more than one model... just make sure the part number you input is correct for your disk.

I have a GS300, but bought a DVD for an IS200/300.

John

Hi

I just bought the latest DVD disc for my 2001 LS430, it doesn't make the system work any better, just has more roads on it and a slightly different start up page

I think the update website only sells DVD's as it doesn't list any early cars at all....

It also says under FAQ

I am experiencing errors in the routes that my navigation system provides.

Route guidance is dictated by the System and its software, and therefore should be addressed with your System Manufacturer or Car Dealership.

I'd offer you a copy of mine to see if it worked but I don't think the DVD would work in your system...

Interestingly the original 2001 disc had 3.8gb of maps on it, this one I have just bought has 7.8gb on a duel layer DVD

I haven't noticed any differences to the actual useage of the satnav system...

Pete

I TOO HAVE FOUND IT DIFFCULT TO UNDERSTAND THE ANSWER TO THE SIMPLE QUESTION- WHAT YEAR IS THE NEW DISC.

I SUFFER FROM A SIMILAR FAULT AS THE ORIGINATOR OF THIS TOPIC - BUT HAVE NEVER SUCCESSFULLY MANAGED TO FIND OUT A NEWER DISC DATE AND THEREFORE HAVE NOT BEEN CONFIDENT OF SPLASHING THE £100+ COST IN BUYING A NEWER ONE.

A YEAR OR TWO AFTER OUR CARS 1999 THE LS400 WENT TO A DVD BASED NAV SYSTEM AND I SUPPOSE LEXUS LOST INTEREST IN ANY SIGNIFICANT UPGRADES TO THE OLD CD BASED SYSTEM.

ANY IDEA HOW MUCH A MIGRATION TO DVD BASED SYSTEM WOULD COST?

JIM

CD based systems simply don't have the space to store a lot of minor roads so probably no point in upgrading the CD.

Vauxhall were still offering CD based systems last year and to be honest it was very poor compared to a DVD based system.

DVD based systems offer far more detailed mapping and the latest Lexus systems are very quick at recalculating the route.

Paul

• 1 month later...
I still have the original 1999 sat nav CD in my Mk4 LS400 (ver 2.1 of that year). In London it works quite well. However on many occasions when travelling to a destination up north which is slightly out of town / off motorway when entering the road name it is able to find it on the database and directs you. However all is well until about 1 or 2 miles before your destination it says "You are now in the vicinity of your destination. Your route guidance will now be discontinued" and you are dropped off in the middle of nowhere. Is this due to a weak GPS signal or is the problem solved upgrading the nav disc ?

I wish to purchase a 2006-2007 nav CD anyway and I have tried http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/ but it doesn’t list the LS400 under vehicle list. Is there a contact phone number for them ?

I went to Lexus Woodford and asked them if I was to order a new disc if it will be 2006-2007 (as per what is on the website above) they said they were not sure if would be 2007 but “it would be the latest one”. Could anyone confirm what version Lexus dealers are supplying if anyone has purchased one recently for their Mk4 ?

Thanks

Try here: Link

I have this version and it does include some road updates, including the M6 Toll near me, but it's maps are still around 3 years old, so it won't have everything. As the description says, it includes house number entry, but I haven't tested the congestion charging avoidance yet.

KEITH

Thanks

I sent an e-mail to the contact address at Lexus, that I found after wandering that site. After three days I got apolite reply saying I should ask my local dealer. great that, go to the manufacturer for information anf they tell you to go to the shop.

I went to Lexus Croydon for some parts info, and they have quoted me a Part LPZ485-LCDEN-05 as the avaialble LS400 CD upgrade, cost £77.92 Ex Vat, £91.56 inclusive, not sure if !0% discount for Gold CLub Memebers on that.

Still not sure of year on that, but sounds like CD English and 2005 from part no.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links