Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx 300 Lpg Conversion

Hi there,

Apologies if this has been covered before but I did a search and couldn't find anything.

Does anybody have any experience (good or bad) of converting an RX300 to LPG? I have read mixed reviews elsewhere on LOC but wanted to know specifically about the RX300.

Thanks

Dominichi

Hi there,

Apologies if this has been covered before but I did a search and couldn't find anything.

Does anybody have any experience (good or bad) of converting an RX300 to LPG? I have read mixed reviews elsewhere on LOC but wanted to know specifically about the RX300.

Thanks

Dominichi

I'm also thinking about converting my '02 Mk1 (42k miles) - any feedback would be very welcome

Thanks

I have heard that such a conversion does lead to premature engine wear because there are not the correct level of additives in the gas.

What do the RAC say?

Tel

I have heard that such a conversion does lead to premature engine wear because there are not the correct level of additives in the gas.

What do the RAC say?

Tel

has eXOBeX says get a Flash Lube kit fitted and i suggest you also check out and ask the same question on th LPF forum:

http://www.lpgforum.co.uk/

Good luck i am asking the same question but about an IS300 on the Multipoint system. so will post here is i came across anything..

Dibslpg

My response would be "GO FOR IT!" I converted my 90,000mile 2002 Rx about 2 years ago and have no regrets whatsoever.

Mileage is now 130,000m and all is fine. I buy gas at 32p/litre from my employer so the savings are huge.

The tank, which is in the boot requires a fill-up after every 200miles which is a bit of a pain; so try to get the biggest tank you can.

Its about time I bought a new car but whatever it is it will be on lpg straight away!

SJT

My response would be "GO FOR IT!" I converted my 90,000mile 2002 Rx about 2 years ago and have no regrets whatsoever.

Mileage is now 130,000m and all is fine. I buy gas at 32p/litre from my employer so the savings are huge.

The tank, which is in the boot requires a fill-up after every 200miles which is a bit of a pain; so try to get the biggest tank you can.

Its about time I bought a new car but whatever it is it will be on lpg straight away!

SJT

Is it feasible or wise to convert the 400h to LPG?

If so where in North Yorkshire could it be done?

Billy

SJT

Thanks for this post - much appreciated. Do you mind telling me where you had it done?

Thanks

Thanks for this post - much appreciated. Do you mind telling me where you had it done?

Thanks

I have now sent you a PM with the contact details.

Cheers

SJT

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links