Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finaly Got One !

merlin 99

Wooo hooo !

I have after a bout a year and a half of waiting I have finally got one ??

It’s a 99 RS200 6 speed manual in platinum ice

Just a few questions I would like answering

1. It need new wipers I assume these are the same as the IS200 and any IS200 ones will fit !

2. Would like to upgrade the head light bulbs possibly to HIDs are they the same as the IS200 too ???

3. it has a HKS panel filter in there and HKS has ***** filtration where can I get Apexi one ??

Many thanks for you help

Merlin

Wooo hooo !

I have after a bout a year and a half of waiting I have finally got one ??

It’s a 99 RS200 6 speed manual in platinum ice

Just a few questions I would like answering

1. It need new wipers I assume these are the same as the IS200 and any IS200 ones will fit !

2. Would like to upgrade the head light bulbs possibly to HIDs are they the same as the IS200 too ???

3. it has a HKS panel filter in there and HKS has ***** filtration where can I get Apexi one ??

Many thanks for you help

Merlin

Glad to see you got sorted mate.

1. if its just the wiper blades your after, yes the is200 one fit

2. bulbs are the same

3. ive an apexi panel filter in mine but mate has HKS one in his an he has no complaints. I got my Apexi one from Couture auto not sure who sells them in the UK

thanks for all the info

mmmmm so if my springs were blue what could they possibly be :whistling::whistling: ??

Oh a few more Qs

When i switch the AC on the light sometimes flashes and the cold air will stop.

The cold air isn’t ice cold and it could do with re-gassing

Would a re-gas cure this or does the flashing light means there’s something more serious wrong with it ?

The temp knob is acts like an on/off switch and is not integrated the first 2 clicks are cold and the 3rd and onwards are hot !

Nothing in-between any ideas what’s wrong with this ??

Pics will follow shortly !

• 2 weeks later...

pics !

sorry for the poor quality thet were taken on my camera phone !

DSC03740.jpg

DSC03739.jpg

DSC03736.jpg

oh and just had the AC man come out and look at my car !

its fully gassed but he seems to think its the stepper motor on the paddle deflector thats at fault !

so its on to eBay and find someone whos breaking one !!

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to hear this mate mines was smashed up at the rear from a transit that hit me at 60mph when i was stationary at traffic lights and i must admit it took it well, the insurance company quoted me £8500 for repairs so it was written of , i bought the car back and fixed it for £1900 how goods that lol well chuffed , what happened , i hope ure all ok as thats the main thing , it can always be replaced

thanks for the comments guys !

as i said i was a ***** !

i was on a driving too fast, playing with the levels of grip and it went wrong and bounced it !

pretty sure the cars is dead :(

dont really want it back as i think the damage may have reached the chassie

wouldent be happy having a car with that power and thnking i cant really trusting how straight the car is

but the good news is !!

iv got anonther one :)

less miles but 6 months older !

my old one had done 90k and never really was happy with that !

oh and this one has all the skirts already and i still have the old wing in my garage so i can fit that :):)

will post picks soon !

well i really liked the car and was gutted i bent it !

so decided to get another one but as i need a car to get to work i was gonna get a throw away car till i found another one !

looked on autotrader and there it was !

so i got things going on it and went to look at it and drove it home !

couldnt belive there was another manual in the same color on there.

couldent belive my luck as its got 40k less miles and cost me 500 more !

and i still have the odd bit ive "robbed" from the old one (hoop spoiler manily)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links