Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking For Tuning Advice

jay m

Alrights folks, as the title suggests i have a rolling road day booked and in order to make the most of i want to squeeze as much power out as possible.

So far i have the tte s/c with induction kit, carbon air intake, manifold, sports cat and hks exhaust with the standard tte piggy back ecu.

Was looking for suggestions on what to do next, as far as my knowlage goes which aint too far, if i were to up go down the route of bigger injectors etc ten it would require work done on the fueling etc. Was also considering the s/c upgraed which i think involves new pullys etc. Would this be a safe enough route to go down or would this also require a lot of extra work done?

Ive got another 5 weeks untill the big day and also got a week off in the middle to carry out any mods etc.

Basically if you can think of any obvious routes which i should take then i would greatly appreciate your input.

hm.... i do have a larger intercooler lying somewhere, never really fitted it as i wasn't sure if it would do m car any justice as it is pretty big. Have to remove the bar going across the bumper to get it in too which could prove to be a problem should there ever be a shunt lol. Does anyone know of an i/c which would be larger in size and also fit under the bar, im guessing thicker as opposed to taller.

I remember seeing one a while ago which was polished which looked brilliant but cant remember who made it or where i seen it lol.

If i went for the pulleys etc and the injectors what form of ecu seems to be best?

Jay

I have discussed this before as I am in the same dilema. Done just about the same mods as you & from speaking to those in the know you have to now spend a lot to gain a little. The s/c is the (someone will correct me if I am wrong) single biggest mod that adds the most bhp for the money. As you say its now bigger injectors, pulleys, fueling issues etc to gain a few more bhp. Dave (Prolex) has all the gear as Wozza says. From what I can see there is small if any gains from just increasing the size of intercooler. With what you got you must be hoping for around 210bhp at the fly maybe a bit more.

Where you going to get it done.

Yeh it looks quite pricey from now on lol.

Wasn't able to find the stuff on the prolex site but got a rough idea from tdi and its not cheap lol.

Will look into it tonight i think but i should really be saving my money for a van which im supposed to buying soon lol. I may buy the van first then take the lex off the road and carry out the work in bits over the winter.

Yeh rogue im gettig it done at japerformance over in ellon, got a group booking through tuned aberdeen which is where i hide most of the time lol. Theres been some guys trying to speak to a few mags about it as we should have a good turn out and they're always tryin to get more publicity etc.

TDI supercharger pulley kit - £195

Greddy Ultimate Ecu - £395

Harness - £75

Prolex 550cc injectors - £485

Prolex intercooler - £280

So thats £1430 and theres still p&p on top of that and also the fitting of the equipment.

Looks a bit out of my price range to be honest, at least at the moment anyway :shifty:

Well i can get the greddy e ultimate from titan motorsports with the harness for about £315 plus postage which is a bit cheaper, let the bargin finding continue.

Try US eBay for the Emanage mate you maye get it even cheaper.

Stav

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links