Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Alarm

yeh but who does as they are told ? i mate of mine has a shogun with a clifford alarm which has remote engine start (dead cool) and his is a manual gearbox plus its a diesel , not that makes any odds. he just makes sure its in neutral when he parks up !

Just to let you know..that Clifford alarms (Clifford Concept 500/600) does all of that and much much more! It is usually known as Intellistart (Remote engine start).

It can be fitted to any vehicle manual/automatic. You can also have all your window, sunroof and side mirror's closure form the remote. The best package will cost you around £800 and it is thatcham approved as well!

Click here for clifford web site

"Attention! Remote start systems are designed for fuel injected, automatic transmission vehicles ONLY." counts me out :(

If you live in an area where minus double figures in as consistent as rain in Blighty, and have to scrape ice from yer car daily, plus freezing yer b***ocks off for the first ten mins drive, then you would surely amend yer post.

It shuts off the engine after it's warmed up. Got the Clifford 600 but stupidly didn,t ask for an engine start. I Paid the price this winter. :D :P

was reading about the clifford alarm and is there anything that alarm doesn't do? so this remote start thingy starts the engine but keeps doors locked and alarm set? wot happens if someone breaks in? does it switch off the engine?

also, and more importantly, are these ok with insurance companies? cos it's illegal to leave your car unattended with the engine running, is this the same?

was reading about the clifford alarm and is there anything that alarm doesn't do? so this remote start thingy starts the engine but keeps doors locked and alarm set? wot happens if someone breaks in? does it switch off the engine?

also, and more importantly, are these ok with insurance companies? cos it's illegal to leave your car unattended with the engine running, is this the same?

Once the car is started with the intellistart, you would still need to open the car door with the remote and put the key in the ignition to drive off, so if someone broke in the won't be driveable and switch off once the alarm is activated.

It has also got Black Jax system which switches off the car if someone car-jacked you. The theif can drive off for a bit and would then the car would come to complete shutdown. Clever device.

Insurance wise...it depends on individual insurance companies, some don't mind and some do. Question is do you tell them???? :ph34r: <_<

thanks mr.lex. that systems amazing then, but is there a reason why the concept 600 and the avantgarde 4 are both £500 when the avantgarde 4 does a whole lot more? also why is the avantgarde not thatcham evaluated but the 600 is? :blink:

the car jacking thing is amazing but is it operated by the remote? wot if they take that with the keys?

No its a tiny button and an enter button inside the car, every time a door is opened you have so long to enter a 2 digit code, so if your code was 28 you would press the button twice, then press enter then press the button eight times and press enter,

you dont need to look at the buttons to press them so i guess it becomes 2nd nature after a few goes. if you dont enter the code in time the car slows down and then stops and the alarm goes off and the car theif gets all scared and runs off. :)

That's right what Brettster said. Clever system and does a whole lot more and can be upgraded later on for future new device's.

The avantguard is the whole system but it is not thatcham approved coz of intellistart. Like I said some insurance company don't mind intellistart but some do.

Basically you buy the Concept 600 and add on the other extra's. This time you get thatcham certificate. But Lexus IS's are thatcham approved so we need not worry! :shifty:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links