Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hid Conversion

Help needed.

I have just converted to HID but I'm not happy with the results. My car is a 99 IS200SE without the sports body kit so the headlight washers are intact. I am trying to source the self-levelling projector headlight units for use with HID as apposed to the static reflector units that the car comes with as standard.

Does anyone know where to get these things - if they even exist?

Also, does anyone else have a car running HID's that you've put on yourself? Any problems with the law or other road users and would you say 8000k is too blue for using on the road? I am tempted to take the 8000K bulbs back and swap them for 4300K as those would be much more "standard" looking. At the moment I am getting nothing but grief from other road-users, the Police have left me alone though. On a positive note, young kids seem to like them. :blush:

To be fair, when I hold a white sheet of paper up in front of the lights at night, it is lit up white, but the lights do seem very blue to the eye.

What should I do? Get projector units? Or is there some other way of making sure the beam spread is perfect and doesn't annoy everyone?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I've got a set of 8300K HIDs that I fitted myself, and I've not had any problems with other road users at all - are they pointing forwards correctly?

You won't be able to fit self-levellers without a lot of aggro, as the IS300 lights don't fit on the IS200 without modification of the wings (even if you do get hold of the required parts).

I can see where you're coming from with the blue-ness though, I love the colour, especially as my car's blue, but sometimes I do wonder whether I'd be getting much more light on the road if I had a set of 4300K bulbs.......

Yes, my headlights are correctly aligned and I do have them set to the lowest setting as well, they are basically pointing at the floor in front of the car. You can see a slant off to the nearside, so as far as I am aware they're fine. Will put the car in to an MOT centre to make sure though...they've got a clever bit of kit to check I believe.

I've just had them checked and they were a little out.

Last night as I was driving I could actually make out the faces of drivers coming the other way...not normal at all. So I suppose that I may well have been blinding people.

At least it's all sorted now.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links