Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Chimps First Problem Thread

Chimp

Hello, thread number 2 for me and im sad to say its a question thread...

i have tried searching but i will be honest im a bit of a numpty with computers and cant quite find what im looking for.

Righty, problem 1 is sometimes when breaking on the way home last night the handbrake light would give me a little flicker... would you guys agree with me that this is most likely an early indication my rear brake pads are going to need changing?

if so, where do you think the best place to get them is? i assume there the same as on the IS200, i only ask because previous experience has told me its best to ask the people in the know rather than just taking the plunge. my driving is pretty sedate, no track time really but occasionally i do like to push a little harder.. recomendations are welcome :D

number 2 isnt really a problem, but i have never owned an auto before and i have some confusion..... i have a button next to the gear lever which says power (power nct lights up on the dash when its pressed) what does this button too? also there is a little red button with japanese writing next to it, on other cars i have seen it says "shift lock" but what does this do?

sorry for the "herbert" questions guys, ill try not to make a habbit of it

Chimp

hi mate i would check ure pads as its not a big job anyways, and as for the power button this is supposed to be a sports button watever thats supposed to do as i cant tell a difference, and the red button is to select gears i.e neutral if towing instead of using the brake,press this and u will be able to select any gear without applying the brake to release when stationery,

thanks, i couldnt tell a difference with the power button at all... pads have been checked today and the rears are a tad low so ill have them out at the weekend and swapped over.

cheers for the help :D

and as for the power button this is supposed to be a sports button watever thats supposed to do as i cant tell a difference

The "ECT PWR" button makes the box shift down earlier and holds the revs longer.

and the red button is to select gears i.e neutral if towing instead of using the brake,press this and u will be able to select any gear without applying the brake to release when stationery,

As above, it allows you to move out of park with the engine OFF, as with all autos don't tow with the driving wheels on the ground.

The "ECT PWR" button makes the box shift down earlier and holds the revs longer.

now thats a good answer! cheers mate, now i understand what its trying to do i will have another play with it tonight on the way home from work :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links