Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Induction Kit

Dan_

Hi,

I am looking to get an induction kit fitted to my IS200 SE Auto - 2000 model. Can anyone recommend any good induction kits to get and any links etc?

And also is it safe to get one put on? Do i need to get an enclosed set? someone was telling me to get the enclosed one.

Could anyone guide me in the right direction on the right stuff to get so i dont mess anything up and so that it is also good quality stuff, doesnt have to be top of the range but just something decent.

P.S: are dumps valves easy to install and is it just for that cool noise? or does it add a lil performance?

Thanks

i wanted to ask how often do you need to do maintenance or if any to the induction kit such as oil or air filter replacements? and is it straight forward?

Is pro-Lex stuff good? i have found pipecross they any gud? it looks similar to pro-lexs style, its on eBay, just type in the search 'Pipercross Induction Kit Lexus IS200 VVTI' and it will come up.

also i wanted to ask is there any nice things i could add inside the bonet to cover up the stuff as ive noticed pics that once u have the induction on you cant put the original/normal lexus engine cover etc back on or am i wrong?

i wanted to ask how often do you need to do maintenance or if any to the induction kit such as oil or air filter replacements? and is it straight forward?

Is pro-Lex stuff good? i have found pipecross they any gud? it looks similar to pro-lexs style, its on ebay, just type in the search 'Pipercross Induction Kit Lexus IS200 VVTI' and it will come up.

also i wanted to ask is there any nice things i could add inside the bonet to cover up the stuff as ive noticed pics that once u have the induction on you cant put the original/normal lexus engine cover etc back on or am i wrong?

Hi & welcome to LOC.

Maintenance for the air filter on the induction kit is not that often, just follow instructions once every few months i.e. give it a clean, dead easy.

I have a number of Prolex parts & no complaints at all, all good kit & excellent service from Dave.

Once the induction kit is on it does expose the engine, best thing is some cleaner & elbow grease to make it sparkle. Quite a few of the guys in here have painted some of the plastic covers, Aztebandit1 has a good photo on his profile of his red detailed engine bay.

There are too many wires / cables and other **** in the IS engine bay to make it look any good. Even after putting in LOADS of coloured pipe work / ties etc and painting covers it still looks a bit of a mess because everything is too exposed. Unless you put in a custom engine cover like Barrie's / the Don's / Chris.S' old IS then be prepared for your car engine bay to look a bit scruffy. So if you are trying to keep a bit of a look then maybe a performance filter could be the way forward?? (I've got a lot of blue piping and polished parts in my engine bay and still think it looks messy).

how much roughly are performance filters and what are they like? which is best induction or filter? See the pro-lex induction kit isnt that an open setup? i heard about an enclosed 1, is it possible to get an enclosed induction kit for the is200?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links