Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Performance Cams

scott-altezza

hey ppl been looking at cams to purchase lately , and had my eye on toda ones with the valve springs coming in at around £630

1- do u need the valve springs ? i know you dont need these on certain profiled ones but is it safe to run without and whats the benifits if they are fitted?

2-what profile are best suited and why for my 1999 s/charged altezza?

3- why do some of these cams have vvti-disabled option?

4- what kind of performance stats am i going to achieve doing this?

5- will my car still run smoothly as iv heard it can be a bit of a nightmare when cold starting ?

6- is this a big job to carry out ,obviousely a trained mechanic i know will me doing this?

7- do u need to buy performance cam pulleys?

all help would be much appreciated and if anyone out there knows good suppliers for performance cams plz forward these to me as iv only been looking at TDI tuning

I can do you TRD cams (require VVti being disabled) BUT they (and prob Toda) are for N/A cars.

There is a school of thought that when you go forced induction cams are best left as is.......

IMHO you'd be better looking at the cylinder head...maybe getting it ported etc

you would disable the VVTi when seeking big power from NA tuning,

with forced induction i would personally leave the cams as is, there isnt much to be gained to be honest mate, just making life hard for yourself IMHO.

cheaper and easier ways to hunt down more power :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links