Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Has Anybody Got....

Gary Woodman

I have it got it through work special offer its ok as it is pay on demand and there’s a good selection of stuff getting more all the time

There’s a software error with the green light that stays on they say there’s a fix on the way

you have to have a BB speed of over 2 meg and it need to be connected to your LAN all the time as that is where it gets its downloads for epg and films

if you compare it to sky it’s much slower and not as user friendly

but it only cost me a £1 so can’t moan to much

Ade :D

As a freeview box I think it's pretty good, what I like most about it is the interface, the menus are half transparent so it looks quite good. The tv guide is retrieved via broadband rather then normal terrestrial, so it's got more information then your usual 7-day EPG, which comes in handy.

Its PVR functions are slightly better then normal ones like my Humax box, for example when you set up to record a tv series weekly, it actually checks the EPG to see when the program is on next week and adjust the time accordingly (now that so many channels tend to show the same program at slightly different times weekly), rather then just a time setting (ie. 8pm-9pm) when the program starts and ends 5 mins later, it's the equivelent to Sky's "series link".

But as shorty said (I guess we work for the same company), there are some flaws like the message LED stuck on all the time, and it's really bright, but since it's slightly recessed in a hole, some bluetac fills in nicely to cover it up, and my box tend to ask me to rescan for channels every few weeks (and you can't skip it), which is annoying when you want to switch on and catch the start of a program at the last minute.

There is a HDMI port on the back as well, so supposedly with future firmware upgrade and when tv start showing freeview in HD or BT offers HD VOD content, you should be able to enjoy that too.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links