Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Recieved an invite by my local dealership to attend their "Drive The Future" event. Cars attending will be the SUV RX 400h, GS 450h & the LS600h....thought I'd take the oportunity to book a test drive in the LS600h :)

Hopefully testing it Sunday so will post my thoughts early next week.

Seems a bit daft to offer three specific models for the event and then say one isn't even at the dealership but all credit to them as they have offered to get all three models on site for me and book a test drive with the LS600h at the same time.....can't say fairer than that!

I'm going to wait a while though as they have these type of events every so often, so might just wait for the next one and save them going to all that trouble of getting everything on site just for me.

Seems a bit daft to offer three specific models for the event and then say one isn't even at the dealership but all credit to them as they have offered to get all three models on site for me and book a test drive with the LS600h at the same time.....can't say fairer than that!

I'm going to wait a while though as they have these type of events every so often, so might just wait for the next one and save them going to all that trouble of getting everything on site just for me.

Hi Barney, Recently on the LOC Brighton run I enquired to the whereabouts of a 600h at Lexus Brighton. The dealership there has 3 sites and Lexus will let them have only one 600h for the three sites. Taking orders for delivery next May. Obviously will be a very rare and exclusive car. Drooled over one as Lexus Guildford a while back though. Do you not think it would spoil your affection for your own LS400? Are you thinking of buying a 600h? if so, a touch of the forelock to you and I shall get back to my labouring (exits, walking backwards, whilst bowing).

Hi Barney, Recently on the LOC Brighton run I enquired to the whereabouts of a 600h at Lexus Brighton. The dealership there has 3 sites and Lexus will let them have only one 600h for the three sites. Taking orders for delivery next May. Obviously will be a very rare and exclusive car. Drooled over one as Lexus Guildford a while back though. Do you not think it would spoil your affection for your own LS400? Are you thinking of buying a 600h? if so, a touch of the forelock to you and I shall get back to my labouring (exits, walking backwards, whilst bowing).

No forelock tugging required Graham ;) ....buy one? sadly not my finances fall rather short of the asking price :whistling: Basically as they had sent me an invite to their "Drive the Future" event and the LS600h was going to be there I thought I would take the opportunity of a test drive. As you mentioned about dealerships sharing one car so it's the same with my local dealership, that is shared between one other, hence the reason it's not available at said event.

As for spoiling my affection for my current LS, it might make me realise that the old girl is getting on a bit in years but even if I had the asking price of the LS600h could it really justify the £76k price difference of my £6k silky smooth LS400?

Chris: I'll drop you a pm if I do book a test drive.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links