Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buying A Gs300 Mk1 96.....what To Look Out For?

shaz5331

I thought if you've won it you've won it. I.E. you're not bidding for the chance to view it.... If you find any problems on it after you've won the auction I'm not entirely sure on your rights? Have you not viewed it at all before you placed your bid?

Yeah, I'd agree that test drives and what to look for are not an option at this stage, you just have to pick it up.

Not had many issues on my Mk1, and wouldn't really know how to test a lot of the stuff like suspension/ball joints etc without getting the car off the ground and yanking around on stuff. Siezed brake callipers are one thing that has got me a couple of times so far. Easy to sort out and doesn't normally involve the expense of new callipers. The exhaust is hellishly expensive so if it is needs a new one then you could be looking at a big bill. Make sure all the warning lights go off as they should and that the pwr/ect and "overdrive off" buttons work fine, they both put a light on on the dash when selected (and don't flash).

Service history looks good, apart from one which looks like it went 26K miles between a service. Which seems a bit odd considering how well the rest of the schedule as been kept, so could just be he missed one out on the list.

As mentioend though, all you can do is make sure the wheels aren't ready to fall off before you drive it home really :tomato:

Looks like a nice motor from the pics :)

i think as the others have said you just have to pick it up (if you have paid money that is) . the car looks good and has a very good history (check this out) . mileage is a bit high but spot on for money you have paid . if it turns out to be a dog walk away and come and look at mine ,half the mileage and not much more money :P

THANKS FOR THE REPLY GUYS, I BOUGHT IT THIS MORNING!!! ITS SEEMS MECHANICALLY GREAT NO PROBS.....ONLY THING IS A MARK ON REAR BUMPER AND THE PASSENGER WINDOW HAS BEEN KEYED.

ALSO IT ONLY CAME WITH ONE KEY AND THE KEY DONT HAVE A REMOTE ON IT....SO I HAVE TO OPEN WITH TURNING THE KEY!

I AM PRETTY SURE LEXUS HAVE A REMOTE KEY WITH THIS CAR????!

ANYWAY, DOES ANY BODY KNOW WHERE I CAN GET ANOTHER KEY? AND WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE? AND HOW YOU CAN PROGRAMME IT TO THE CAR? I ALSO HAVE A CELICA WHICH I LOST 1KEY SO BOUGHT ANOTHER AND PROGRAMMED MYSELF USING THE PEDALS AND THE DOOR.......IS IT AS EASY AS THIS ON THE GS?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links