Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I RECENTLY BOUGHT A MK1 GS300 SPORT 1996 BUT IT ONLY CAME WITH 1 KEY. THIS KEY HAS NO BUTTONS I HAVE TO OPEN THE DOOR WITH KEY. IT ALSO STARTS THE CAR SO DOES THIS MEAN THIS IS THE MASTER KEY? CAN I GET ANOTHER KEY SORTED? DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH OR WHERE I CAN GET IT CHEAP? eBay? I WOULD THINK LEXUS WILL CHARGE £££ FOR IT? IS IT SUPPOSED TO COME WITH AN ALARM FOB TOO?

what colour is the key?

also can you open the boot with key?? if you can then you may have the master.

you can easily get a key for the remote side of things but if the key is not a master then you may be in trouble as if you lose it then it will mean a new ECU which is very expensive. Treat that key like gold dust at the mo!

Pop in your dealer and ask a techie.. they may not even charge you to check.. but a new key is about £130-150

I RECENTLY BOUGHT A MK1 GS300 SPORT 1996 BUT IT ONLY CAME WITH 1 KEY. THIS KEY HAS NO BUTTONS I HAVE TO OPEN THE DOOR WITH KEY. IT ALSO STARTS THE CAR SO DOES THIS MEAN THIS IS THE MASTER KEY? CAN I GET ANOTHER KEY SORTED? DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH OR WHERE I CAN GET IT CHEAP? EBAY? I WOULD THINK LEXUS WILL CHARGE £££ FOR IT? IS IT SUPPOSED TO COME WITH AN ALARM FOB TOO?

Shaz your in luck I'm in Essex too. A locksmith on Canvey Island got a blank and cut two keys for my Mk1 and can programme them from the original key cost me £50. Lexus Southend wanted almost £200. I had mine done about 2 1/2 years ago but I'm sure he's still there.

yes i can open the boot with key...the key is black with lex logo... starts the car so must be a master right??! where can i get a remote and another key done just incase i lose this one?!

88b do u have the number to this place? can anyone post a photo of what their remote and key looks like so i know what to kook out for?

ive also got a black key with the gold "L" on it, this key is blank, no buttons nothing, ive had this ONE single key for the past 3 years :)

i must get another one cut

according to Mr key cutter , this key hasnt got a transponder in it, so ive no idea what it is

the spade will work but not the remote. You need the GS standard remote

The alarms on the GS i THINK were made by a company called scorpion who are no longer in business apparently.

I looked into these when i had my mk1 as they dont work that well unless you stand right next to the car.

• 3 weeks later...

Search some of my other posts I had one key when I started off with my lex and it was not the master, Lexus can sort this out for you even if you dont have the four or five digit kety code for them to work off. I got a new master key cut and a new fob just incase, fobs can be easily programmed in yourself if you search the site there are guides.

you will know if you have a master key if it also opens or locks the boot/ trunk lid and glove box, if your key does not then whatever you do do not push in the locking mechanism to the right hand side just under the steering wheel as you will lock yourself out of the boot. hope this helps.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links