Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Bought One Of These And It's Brilliant!

Installed one of these....... http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/home.php this morning and I love it! No need to write loads of cd's any more, just hook up the ipod and I'm away!

Everything is controlled by the original stereo.

Simple to connect aswell - just plugs into the cd changer port on the back of the standard stereo.

Recommend to anyone who wants to use their ipod in their car!

Installed one of these....... http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/home.php this morning and I love it! No need to write loads of cd's any more, just hook up the ipod and I'm away!

Simple to connect aswell - just plugs into the cd changer port on the back of the standard stereo.

Blimey - it's like waiting for a bus: wait around for ages for one of these then a whole bunch turn up in the same week. :D

This looks the same as the one sonnet fitted here which i just ordered from the US (with the exchange rate the way it is ordering from the US seems to be the cheaper option - although not by much).

Does the xcarlink-solution come with an lexus specific harness?

I had a look on their compatibility list and just found various Toyota models, no lexus. How is the box than connected to the OEM Stereo? Which toyota model did you choose?

As you know there are at least 8 different possibilities of lexus IS MK I stock stereo systems (CD at the bottom, with and without Super Sound System, CD at the top, with and without Super Sound System, 6 and 9 Speaker stereos, with and without satnav....

I'm not sure if it will fit for everyone if the manufacturer of the interface places no informations regarding lexus on his page.

But as Hando says, it's amazing that we all waiting and searching for years for a suitable solution and suddenly in just a few days, several variations came up.

For the gromaudio interface I can say it works fine with my 9 Speaker Stereo with satnav and it comes - at the current exchange rate - for an very attractive price.

Best Regards from Berlin

Sonnet

As Sonnet says, there is no application listed any Lexus so i cant see it working on all models as there is at least 4/5 different connection types and sizes between all the models of IS from 98-05 . they offer a full refund if it doesnt fit, so might be worth a try for those interested

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I Paid £1-49 for a Cassette Adapter from Tesco Pluged Into my I-Pod and played all my tunz through that

Full quality sound have to change the track by the I-Pod but what the hell can fit squillions of Tunz on my I-Pod in MP3

without having to mess with any wireing

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links