Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is Oem Satnav Motion Lock – Override Solution!

Hi everybody,

today I want to share a solution for another annoying problem with my Lexus IS MK I

The motion lock of the OEM satnav!

After surfing for nights and nights thru various lexus enthusiast boards I found a possible solution in – again – an American board :whistling:

Most of you know probably all the videos from people who where already able to override this dammed motion lock which prevent you from typing in address in your satnav while driving. The problem with these solutions were all the time, that they were done in the RX, LS or GS on a satnav wit a touchscreen. For that reason it was not possible to use it in an IS WITHOUT a touch screen.

Some other solutions worked only on US Lexus models and not on the European models.

Then I found something different, which is so easy that EVERYBODY can activate this solution on his Lexus IS MK I OEM satnav and it’s working on my german IS 300 Sportcross from 2003. Mates that's so cooool :D

Waiting for european IS MK I driver reached the end :D

The good news is that this solution:

- is for free

- can be activated in under 15 seconds

- does not need to modify you car electric

- does not need to cut wires

- does not cut the speedometer signal

The bad new is (there is always one):

- The hidden override function can only be activated while the car is not in motion (but it stays activated until you switch off the ignition)

- It has to be activated every time after the car has startet (ignition switch to on)

But activation is so easy, that you got it quickly in your mind…. Once activated ist doesn't matter if you start or stop your navigation system untill you switch of the ignition. Then it has to be activated again (as said befor it can be done in at least 15 seconds)

OK how does it work right now? The trick is that there is a secret menu in the OEM satnav which is only used for maintenance. This menu looks like that:

post-17051-1197816109.jpg

In this usual hidden menu you can activate the “Override” function and then……yes then you can drive & put in your destination at the same time.

The activate this menu just follow the below standing stepps (car has to be NOT in motion)

1. Press the "MENU" button

2. Select and press the "DVD" or “CD” icon on the right hand side at very top of the screen

You should see the ver. of software you are currently using.

Do the following things with the youstick (no beeps will be heart)

3. Press the "UP" arrow on the joystick once

4. Press the "DOWN" arrow on the joystick once

5. Press the "UP" arrow on the joystick once

6. Press the "DOWN" arrow on the joystick once

7. Press the "RIGHT" arrow on the joystick once

You should now see the "secret" menu

8. Press and Hold the "OVERRIDE" until the icon turns green.

9. Press the "BACK" icon on the right hand side at very top of the screen

10. Press the “MAP” button to go back to the regular navigation mode

You may now enjoy driving & inputting your destination at the same time!

IMPORTANT:

Please do NOT use any other function in the secret menu beside “Override” In the US board people who have tested around complain about that the whole system has switched to Japanese after pressing other options on the screen. The Lexus dealer was able to reset the system – unfortunately not for free!

So enjoy your 100% usable IS satnav like me and have fun

Best regards from Berlin

Sonnet

That is an absolutely fantastic find, well done!!

I was just thinking the other day that because the mk2 has an override, the mk1 must have had one as well - but just don't have the time or patience to find it!

Thanks very much for this, will definitely come in handy, really isn't a difficult procedure at all - just tried it on my 2002 IS200 and it works perfectly!

I can't wait to see what you find next! :whistling:

Is this for both? the widescreen DVD based system and the CD based system?

I hope so, but I can not check it because my car has a DVD satnav. Maybe someone with the CD based system can test it and post the results here. If it's not working, sorry, but you will loose nothing by trying to get to the secret menu......

Best Regards

Sonnet

i posted this a bit ago matey on another sat nav topic for the older cd rom based system? it lets you get into the settings and system info ::

(If you press numbers 1 and 6 on the stereo and hold them in then press the cd button 3 times when you 1st open the screen (on the caution screen) with the ignition on the first click you can do a system check to see which software you have and find a few other things out about your nav system like how many satelites your linked to and if your gps system is online and working? plus other bits i cant remember? )

Cant remember though if you can turn off the motion lock unless you have to be moving to do it??

:D

Yeah, I remember aztec, there was nothing on there for motion locking.

Was just hoping that there might be something else we dont know about.

Anyway, nevermind, well done on another great find Sonnet!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links