Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is it just my MM that never displays the tracks on any original music CD? :huh: The number of tracks on the CD is shown but just blank and unknown artist and titles? Have I missed something obvious? Is any adjustment required in the settings?

Have searched this forum but cannot find anything re this subject.

Any help would be appreciated please.

Frustrating because if I put any music CD, no matter its age, in my home PC the windows media player automatically displays the CD title and full track list. (Spooky but it also displays the correct album cover too!!)

It would be a very useful feature to use, especially as the Lexus MM appears to cater for tracklistings?

Is it just my MM that never displays the tracks on any original music CD? :huh: The number of tracks on the CD is shown but just blank and unknown artist and titles? Have I missed something obvious? Is any adjustment required in the settings?

Frustrating because if I put any music CD, no matter its age, in my home PC the windows media player automatically displays the CD title and full track list. (Spooky but it also displays the correct album cover too!!)

It would be a very useful feature to use, especially as the Lexus MM appears to cater for tracklistings?

Windows media player uses your internet connection to connect to an internet music database to get the track names and album artwork...so this is not possible on MM system as there is no internet connection. An internet connection would be nice though. maybe Lexus should team up with apple to do their next MM system..imagine a car with basically an Iphone built into a car with a 3G mobile connection!

The only way I know to get the track names would be to RIP the CD's to your PC (using Windows Media Player) and then creating a MP3/WMA CD. The MM system will then display the track names etc (no album artwork i'm afraid)

I have done this and have about 50 albums across 6 CD's all sorted by album, with full track names and artist details. I takes a little while, but was worth it as I spend a lot of time in the car, and love listening to a wide range of music.

Have a look at the MM system manual, it has more information in there. :D

Is it just my MM that never displays the tracks on any original music CD? :huh: The number of tracks on the CD is shown but just blank and unknown artist and titles?

The only original CD I have that displays the tracks out of the box is Queen's "Queen Rock Montreal". I got it a couple of months ago and got quite a surprise seeing the tracks appear :) .

Is it just my MM that never displays the tracks on any original music CD? :huh: The number of tracks on the CD is shown but just blank and unknown artist and titles?

The only original CD I have that displays the tracks out of the box is Queen's "Queen Rock Montreal". I got it a couple of months ago and got quite a surprise seeing the tracks appear :) .

I have had 5or 6 disc show all the info ( including copies) but very inconsisitantly. Today might show info on this disc, then none for the next month on same disc.

Windows media player uses your internet connection to connect to an internet music database to get the track names and album artwork...so this is not possible on MM system as there is no internet connection. An internet connection would be nice though. maybe Lexus should team up with apple to do their next MM system..imagine a car with basically an Iphone built into a car with a 3G mobile connection!

The only way I know to get the track names would be to RIP the CD's to your PC (using Windows Media Player) and then creating a MP3/WMA CD. The MM system will then display the track names etc (no album artwork i'm afraid)

I have done this and have about 50 albums across 6 CD's all sorted by album, with full track names and artist details. I takes a little while, but was worth it as I spend a lot of time in the car, and love listening to a wide range of music.

Have a look at the MM system manual, it has more information in there. :D

THANKS Darren

I ripped a few music CD's and indeed tracklists are now shown on the MM. Much appreciated. ;)

• 1 month later...

Hello there. The answer is the following. Most original CD's do not support TEXT. However with some imported discs if you look at where the compact disc logo is on the disc cover or disc it will say "compact disc and have the word TEXT under it. These discs are loaded with the info that you seek.

I find it amazing that this not a standard in todays market place. Hope that helps

Hi All,

I've managed to get the track names etc showing by locading the original Cd into iTunes, then copying it back to a new CD... this then has the CD-Text with it.

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt,

Was this with the "Include CD Text" under the iTunes Advanced->Burning preference? Do you get CD text evan for those CDs that didn't have it?

Cheers

Scott

Hi Scott,

Spot on. Most of my original CD's have no CD-Text but when loading them into iTunes it askes you to select the cd from the internet names database, this then attaches the CD-Text so when I burn them to the CD and stick them in the MM it displays the text fine.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Matt

Hi Scott,

Spot on. Most of my original CD's have no CD-Text but when loading them into iTunes it askes you to select the cd from the internet names database, this then attaches the CD-Text so when I burn them to the CD and stick them in the MM it displays the text fine.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Matt

Thanks Matt, that's a useful little feature.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links