Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

Was wondering if any one else is having these issues with there car. I recently had fixed the side panel on the side curtain airbag (drivers side) where it was coming loose and the same thing has now happened to the passengers side airbag. :tsktsk:

And today..my Sat Nav just decided to cut out! Was driving along quite the thing and then the screen went blank! When I pressed the MAP button i received the message "The external system cannot be connected". Stayed like this for a good 20 mins, tried turning car on and off but to no avail! Then I pressed DEST button and back on it came! Weird!

Anyone else had similar probs? Will mention to Lexus Edinburgh when my car goes in for the airbags on the 21st.

hi all new member

sorry to hear about your problems, not having the same problems as you but just to say i am also having problems. having already had the dash rattle fixed,on wed morning having driven about 5 miles the dash lite up like a xmas tree and vsc check in the computor screen. rang the dealership no probs got me in straight away got the car back thurs fixed, guess what tonight after driving about 5 miles and less than 25 miles after being sorted its gone again, it was a oxygen sensor they said? well they can have back again tomorrow as having paid over 30k and driving it for only 4500 miles begining to think i made a big mistake

Makes you wonder are Lexus loosing the touch they once had :shutit:

hi all new member

sorry to hear about your problems, not having the same problems as you but just to say i am also having problems. having already had the dash rattle fixed,on wed morning having driven about 5 miles the dash lite up like a xmas tree and vsc check in the computor screen. rang the dealership no probs got me in straight away got the car back thurs fixed, guess what tonight after driving about 5 miles and less than 25 miles after being sorted its gone again, it was a oxygen sensor they said? well they can have back again tomorrow as having paid over 30k and driving it for only 4500 miles begining to think i made a big mistake

Mercedes seemed to go beyond themselves with Flybywire brakes on the E Class etc, and when you consider how many different things now use 2.4ghz (assuming the Merc system was radio waves). May be someone not challenged electronically like me can explain better...

The other thing is that I don't kow if the IS is crammed with electronic wizadry - or just lots of electrical stuff...there is a difference!!

I thought I read somewhere that the IS doesn't have a CANBUS? Most manufacturers have this now (especially the germans and some other European manufacturers). It allows all sorts of interfaces to be added, allowing owners for example to be able to personalise the cars better...e.g. switching on Auto locking etc...!!

hi all new member

treborlex, how long did they have your car for the first time it went in for dash rattle. Also what was outcome of your last post.

update

Had the car six months before it went in for dash rattle. update on oxygen sensor is that it is the

same sensor that has gone again, have agreed to the dealership taking it for an extended test drive when its fixed hopefully it will last longer than the 25 miles the last one did. the car should be back tomorrow will update if any problems

update

Had the car six months before it went in for dash rattle. update on oxygen sensor is that it is the

same sensor that has gone again, have agreed to the dealership taking it for an extended test drive when its fixed hopefully it will last longer than the 25 miles the last one did. the car should be back tomorrow will update if any problems

This does not bode well for the post warranty period of ownership. Unles Lexus find a permanent cure, it'll get expensive! Mine hasn't suffered a failure yet, and I suspect many haven't and won't ever. But this is not Lexus like...is it?

update

This does not bode well for the post warranty period of ownership. Unles Lexus find a permanent cure, it'll get expensive! Mine hasn't suffered a failure yet, and I suspect many haven't and won't ever. But this is not Lexus like...is it?

Hi all,

Here's the latest on the oxygen sensor saga, got the car back tues with a new sensor fitted it lasted about 10 miles before the same fault appeared.

It went back wed had the fault reset it went again last night with less than 20 miles driven, it's going back again next week hope it comes back sorted this time.

Just a thought guys could the fault be related to the bad weather it started with the snow and it's been raining every other time it's ocurred.

• 2 weeks later...

latest update,

got my car back last friday, due to work all weekend have not had chance to take it for a decent run until today. after driving around the derbyshire peak district for approx 150miles ran like a dream averaged 38 mpg, despite my moaning when it went wrong it made me remember just why i bought it in the first place it really is a great car.

just a word of thanks to the service dept at lexus derby who listened to my views and helped in everyway they could and restored my faith in the lexus brand.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links