Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2001 - 2002 Difference In Back Lights

Jay6

Hi All,

The search continues as I am still looking for a nice example of an IS200 sport (preferably in Black)

Last week I went to see an IS200 sport a 51 Plate. The backlights were dark shaded (i.e. they were not clear white). However this week I am interested in seeing a 52 plate IS200 sport and have noticed the back lights are clear White?

Am I right in thinking that in 2001 the IS200 was face lifted? MPG Dial sat at the top of the chronograph set of dials and the speakers had silver rings round them. However what about the back lights? I did do a search but could not find anything conclusive. Any experts please clarify the situation of when these backlights changed?

Many thanks

Jay

P.s Anyone selling a nice IS200 sport (2001 or above)

Wasn't actually an option, all cars from '51' plate onwards had the darker rear lights except silver cars and white cars (think it was only those two but not entirely sure)

On other colours, the lights looked like this:

199595793.jpg

Hi All,

The search continues as I am still looking for a nice example of an IS200 sport (preferably in Black)

Last week I went to see an IS200 sport a 51 Plate. The backlights were dark shaded (i.e. they were not clear white). However this week I am interested in seeing a 52 plate IS200 sport and have noticed the back lights are clear White?

Am I right in thinking that in 2001 the IS200 was face lifted? MPG Dial sat at the top of the chronograph set of dials and the speakers had silver rings round them. However what about the back lights? I did do a search but could not find anything conclusive. Any experts please clarify the situation of when these backlights changed?

Many thanks

Jay

P.s Anyone selling a nice IS200 sport (2001 or above)

My 51 plate Sport is in Green and that has the smoked type rear lights.

Were these back lights an option or were they standard after 2001? I ask because I went to see a 2002 52 plate IS200 sport in balck and it had the clear white lights not the shaded ones (as in the pic from Parthiban).

Does this mean that the car could have possibly been in an accident, visably the car looks stright.

Were these back lights an option or were they standard after 2001? I ask because I went to see a 2002 52 plate IS200 sport in balck and it had the clear white lights not the shaded ones (as in the pic from Parthiban).

Does this mean that the car could have possibly been in an accident, visably the car looks stright.

After 2001 they fitted the smoked version to all but silver cars (which remained the clearer style)

Some owners changed to the smoked versions themselves.

All you need do is buy and 10 mins each to fit.

So to answer your question......there is no reason to think the car has been in an accident.

If you are worried you should get the car fully checked by RAC/AA and they will be able to tell you if the car has been resprayed/repaired.

There were no actual "Facelifts" of the IS - a facelift is a bit more than a few minor modifications.

The Only major differing IS200 was the Limited Edition - Had HID Lamps and full leather interior.

A search through the forums will give more info.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links