Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

School 1967 Vs. School 2007

Geoffers

School 1967 vs. School 2007

Scenario: Johnny and Mark get into a fistfight after school.

1967 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up mates.

2007 - Police are called, Armed Response Unit arrives and arrests Johnny and Mark. Mobiles phones with evidence of fight are confiscated. Both are charged with assault, ASBOs are taken out and suspended even though Johnny started it. Diversionary conferences and parent meetings conducted. Mobile phone video shown on 6 internet sites.

Scenario: Bobby won't sit still in class, disrupts other students.

1967 - Bobby is sent to the principal's office and given 6 of the best. Returns to class, sits still and never disrupts the class again.

2007 - Bobby is given huge doses of Ritalin. Counselled to death. Becomes a zombie. Tested for ADHD. School gets extra funding because Jeffrey has a disability. Bobby drops out of school.

Scenario: Billy breaks a window in his neighbour's car and his Dad gives him the slipper.

1967 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normally, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.

2007 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy is removed to foster care and joins a gang. Psychologist convinces Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mum has an affair with the psychologist. Psychologist gets a promotion.

Scenario: Mark brings cigarettes to school.

1967 - Mark shares a smoke with the school principal behind the bikesheds.

2007 - Police are called and Mark is expelled from School for drug possession as they must have been more than just cigarettes. His house is searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario: Johnny takes apart leftover fireworks, puts them in a milkbottle and blows up a dustbin.

1967 - Laughter, noise and mess.

2007 - MI5 and police are called and Johnny is charged with perpetrating acts of terrorism. Teams investigate parents, siblings are removed from the home, computers are confiscated, and Johnny's dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly ever again.

Scenario: Johnny falls during playtime and scrapes his knee. His teacher, Mary, finds him crying, and gives him a hug to comfort him.

1967 - Johnny soon feels better and goes back to playing.

2007 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces three years in prison. Johnny undergoes five years of therapy; becomes gay.

Nice one Geoffers. This brings back memories of my school days, when you could have fun without a conscience.

I know several teachers, and when I hear some of the goings on at school, I wonder how they can ever get on with their jobs. Their hands are tied, and the educational establishment seems to be petrified of getting sued! It's even got to the state where increasingly teachers won't take kids on trips any more, because of the worry about the fallout if a pupil gets injured. Not worth the hassle I hear them say. And this is a rural secondary school :o

IanB :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links