Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Suspension Arm Bush ?

Troy-1

Hi all, my first post so please bear with me!

Got an advisory with my M.o.t for my Is200, to replace both front lower suspension arm bushes. I've searched up & down the net & can't find a supplier for the bushes alone or even if you can get them after market? Or do you have to buy the hole arm & bush from Lexus, as one or two post's say they are bonded together. Please help!!!!

can't get bushes only i replaced both arms at Xmas about £110 each you will probaly need the drop links as well could not get mine off had to grind the nuts off they where about £65 the pair easy job just dont use a spliter on the lower ball joint or you'll split the rubber and you'll have to replace them as well

Ade

PS welcome to the LOC

cheers guy's!

Managed to find a few dealers only to find the advisory is misleading? It would appear its not the Lower Suspension Arm but the tie rod or tension rod (not exactly sure of its name,dealer's didn't know?) that connects the lower suspension arm to the member brace. As I'm not sure what it's called so i cant source a part? Any more advice would be appreciated. :blink:

cheers guy's!

Managed to find a few dealers only to find the advisory is misleading? It would appear its not the Lower Suspension Arm but the tie rod or tension rod (not exactly sure of its name,dealer's didn't know?) that connects the lower suspension arm to the member brace. As I'm not sure what it's called so i cant source a part? Any more advice would be appreciated. :blink:

it looks like we're both in the same predicament!

My post realtes to the rear suspension bushes (you can see it in the list not far from yours).

I have found a download from a workshop manual (the link is in my post) so what i plan on doing is printing off the corresponding pages and taking it to the garage for the mot. Then when he fails a particular bush I'm going to confirm it with him on the diagram.

Fensport have a page on their website that lists all the TRD polybushes that are available for the Lexus 200. When the problem bush is confirmed I'm going to order a replacement from them and hopefully do the job without need for replacing the whole arm.

I hope it all goes to plan.

Can you do me a favour and let me know how things go?? I find info for DIYers a little lacking on here sometimes.

TM

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links