Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Has anyone seen the Lexus IS250 with the sharkfin antenna on the roof near the back (Same as Mercedes and BMW) I believe it was an update for 2008 model for better reception.

It seems it may only be for the USA as more dense buildings in the Cities and GPS satellite detection suffers. (this seems to be the reason why other manufactures are fitting it to new models, like the new Audi A4 will also have it.)

I am upset that my newly ordered IS250 SEL does not have it and I am not sure if they are selling old late 2007 stock.

Any info will be appreciated.

As an Mercedes and BMW owner for 30 years I am excited about getting my IS250 SEL next week but still very nervous and my wife still insists on calling it a Toyota, Well I am sure I will enjoy it and have already recommended it to several friends (Mostly BMW owners) that intend getting new cars, I am sure my wife will replace her BM with a Lexus one day, I will make out that I am a bit intoxicated after an outing and she will be forced to drive me home and then see what a nice car it is to drive.

Has anyone seen the Lexus IS250 with the sharkfin antenna on the roof near the back (Same as Mercedes and BMW) I believe it was an update for 2008 model for better reception.

It seems it may only be for the USA as more dense buildings in the Cities and GPS satellite detection suffers. (this seems to be the reason why other manufactures are fitting it to new models, like the new Audi A4 will also have it.)

I am upset that my newly ordered IS250 SEL does not have it and I am not sure if they are selling old late 2007 stock.

Any info will be appreciated.

As an Mercedes and BMW owner for 30 years I am excited about getting my IS250 SEL next week but still very nervous and my wife still insists on calling it a Toyota, Well I am sure I will enjoy it and have already recommended it to several friends (Mostly BMW owners) that intend getting new cars, I am sure my wife will replace her BM with a Lexus one day, I will make out that I am a bit intoxicated after an outing and she will be forced to drive me home and then see what a nice car it is to drive.

Dave's (prolex) Is350 has one fitted, im sure its for the Bluetooth :D

• 3 weeks later...
I don't like them. They are too BMW and unecessary...you'll get over it soon...trust me. It's called BMW withdrawal symptoms...

BTW - welcome to the club...is yours an Auto?

Hi Jamboo, Sorry replying so late,but have been out enjoying my Lexus! Yes mine is a Full House SE Auto, moon roof, and all the gadgets, electric blinds, Multi Media GPS, Heated and cooled seats etc. Only thing I did not go for was the boot spoiler kit.

I only miss one major thing, I would like Zenon High Beams, mine has only Zenon low beams and is not adequate on long country roads or at high speeds. I hope Lexus will bring out an upgrade kit, There are HID kits available but I do not want to void the warranty.

By the way I do not mind the shark fin, It is not needed for normal radio or Bluetooth but makes a big improvement to the GPS ability to lock on to satellites and gives a stable GPS location even in poor areas and between buildings. Mercedes, Audi and many other new cars have it now. Your cars roof almost acts as a satellite dish.

Hi Rob, I accept with great regret that is owned by Toyota but I hope Lexus keeps it away from its cheaper front wheel drive sisters as it is this stigma that retards the Lexus Sales and Image as a quality executive car. Toyota is a good car but it will never be a Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar, Bently or Rolls as these Brand Names tell the world the status of the owner, and I hope that one day Lexus will carry this high regard and image. Selling it in a separate showroom has already made an improvement on the Image and the Sales of the car. It is now Ex Mercedes and BMW owners that are starting to buy the car.

Wish I could buy a IS350 here as I miss the 330i Power and its not that much more heavy on fuel if you are a fast driver.

Have a great day chaps and enjoy your Lexus, I am enjoying mine.

I suggest that anyone buying a Lexus for some sort of snobbish reasons should stick to their BMW /Mercs etc.

I have always bought Japanese and laterly the last two Lexus because I consider them to fulfil my needs at this point in time.To me all the hype about Mercs BMws has never been bourne out when i have driven them.

I make my OWN mind up and to hell with what the market thinks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links