Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Do You Remember...

earlier GS ugly? :duh:

934DrGS300Style456Rear.jpg

Sorry just my opinion, but I was actually referring to the mk2 GS - which does look a bit like a gelatinous dessert in my view.........obviously everyone likes different things though so please don't be offended if you do like it :unsure:

I too like Parthiban, didn't care for the IS models at first.. always thought a luxury manufacturer made luxury cars.. and I never considered the IS to be a luxury car.... executive definately, but not in the luxury bracket like the LS.. or GS (even though the mags class the GS as executive) ???

Went looking for an LS430, but when gertie saw one, she said it was too big... (insert expletives, frequently) so after a week when the barney ended, we went looking for a GS instead.. and found the current GS300SE Navigator, which to be honest, I am finding very nice..

As I have said before, I didn't buy it for it's looks, but for the luxury motoring, which it is giving me in bucket loads.. although one day, I will have an LS430..

John

Good topic and responses were an intresting read....

I remember listening to good ol Notorius B.I.G (hi-hop artist back in the day) rap about a lexus a few times when i was a young-un think i was about 12 or sommin.... then when i saw a lexus is200 and wanted one. I use to try an follow em on the motorway with my good ol trusty punto at first lol.

When i passed my test it took me 5 years to get one (after paying of student fees and loans and finally getting a decent job lol)

Good image, perfect size, and makes you feel good. and you don't see a 100 of em a day (like beamers, audi's and mercs)....

Great car but i don't want to recommend it becuase i like not seeing them on the roads (even though i see more now :whistling: )

earlier GS ugly? :duh:

934DrGS300Style456Rear.jpg

Sorry just my opinion, but I was actually referring to the mk2 GS - which does look a bit like a gelatinous dessert in my view.........obviously everyone likes different things though so please don't be offended if you do like it :unsure:

no worries :flowers:

I agree the mark 2 is a bit of a dog's dinner but thankfully newer GS are back on track :)

I agree the mark 2 is a bit of a dog's dinner but thankfully newer GS are back on track :)

Sure helps keep the prices down though!!! I agree it's dated a lot more than the early IS has though, I think the thing is the IS when it was launched was one of the first cars to use 'edges' in it's design, which then became very fashionable so the car looks newer than it really is. The GS MkII is very smooth all over, jellymould style, which has unfortunately dated it as the general car design trend moved away from that. When it was launched the GS MkII wasn't considered ugly at all.

Back on topic, I'd always liked the IS but was trapped in company cars for years and years. I've only ever owned 3 cars - a Metro which I drove for 3 months after uni before getting a real job and a company car with it, then the IS which I got 18 months ago. That only lasted 6 months though before being swapped for something with a lot more grunt - the GS430 which I picked up exactly a year ago yesterday!

:crybaby: Believe it or not but I did not like the IS at all when I first seen it, thought it was hmm! can't remember now what I thought but the more and more I seen it about I fell in love with it (like a woman but even better) Like all others I thought I would never be able to afford one so I kept on buying renaults and vauxhalls etc. Had many test drives and knew I had to get one... My mind was made up I had to get a royal saphire blue one, the colour and the car just ooze...............well we won't go into that but let me put it another way I would rather have the car than my ex-wife to be :shifty:

I remember just under 4years ago I went out to buy a motorbike leather jacket and came away with my true love(not the wife) I bought a Royal Saphire blue SE with the cream interior. The cream interior I was not stuck on at all but the price was right, now nearly 4 years on and I love the interior, and it is very easy to keep clean. Also nearly 4 years on the love for my car is greater than ever, if it was a woman I would marry it. (sounds very dodgy)

As some may know my mcar is in Cyprus at the moment and will be going for a short boat ride back to the UK but I am starting to have sleepless nights knowing I will be apart from it not knowing what may happen to it while I am away from it. It is not the same as leaving it in the garage as I know it would be safe there but it will be in a container and in the dark, also with all the cargo ships of late chucking there gargo into the sea makes a tear come to my eye knowing that i am not there to look after it if it gets into trouble. When I finally get it back to the UK I have a treat for it, a long hot bath and wax and a full service.

I have never treated a woman like I treat my car, I think it must be a man thing. I very rarely let the other half drive it as she use to abuse it, I think she did not appreciate the relationship I have with my car.. :winky:

It was 24 Oct 2005, and the morning after a good night out on the town. My hangover wasn't too bad and I was just driving back from where the car had been parked up for the night. I passed the Belfast Lexus dealership on the route back home and decided to call in. My company car lease had come to an end and I had been given the option of a car allowance. Hadn't actually thought of an IS200 but didn't want to stretch to an E90 320d. So there I was, in the showroom looking like I HAD actually been out on the tear the night before, asking for a test drive in one of their cars! They were as helpful as I could have imagined and even directed me on a lengthy test route. The car was a dream to drive and the sound from the engine was puuurfect, not to mention the stereo. They set up insurance cover to let me take it home and I drove and drove and drove. Moving from a deisel, I did get a shock at how much fuel it used but kept the thought at the back of my mind under the rational that all the toys come for free as opposed to paying for them upfront in the 320d. Having test drove the both engines in the new IS a couple of times I liked the auto best but it just doesn't feel as well balanced so I may stick with mine for a while yet. What are people's thoughts of changing to next? New IS?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links