Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Help!

Danielle28

Hello I just purchased a 1996 Es 300 lexus the car begain over heating so I took it in to have it checked and was told that car had not anti freez.. So shop fill it with anti freeze and told me to check the water level in the moring when it was cold...the car just got a new raditor and thermastat before I purchased it.. I checked the levels in the moring and it seem fine and I drove the car about 3 days or so with not over heating.. Yesterday the car begain to feel like it wanted to stall and begain overheating and white smoke begain coming out the tail pipe...it seems like there is a leak some where because the anti freez dripps out the bottom when it is put in...And now the car will not even start..what could this BE?

Hiya welcome to the club :D

Is there a lot of white smoke coming from the tail pipe when its running? as it sounds like a blown cylinder head gasket if there is??? or even a cracked cylinder head at the worst, it doesn't sound too good from what you have said? I think the first things i'd do is check all the hoses on the new radiator to make sure there all fixed tight and check for leaks? Where does the anti freze leak from when you put it in??

:unsure:

Is there a lot of white smoke coming from the tail pipe when its running? as it sounds like a blown cylinder head gasket if there is??? or even a cracked cylinder head at the worst it doesn't sound too good from what you have said? I think the first things i'd do is check all the hoses on the new radiator to make sure there all fixed tight and check for leaks? Where does the anti freze leak from when you put it in??

Thanks, Yes there was alot of white smoke, the anti freez seems to leek from the bottom if the car slowly but you could hear it dripping.. Today it wont even start

Is there a lot of white smoke coming from the tail pipe when its running? as it sounds like a blown cylinder head gasket if there is??? or even a cracked cylinder head at the worst it doesn't sound too good from what you have said? I think the first things i'd do is check all the hoses on the new radiator to make sure there all fixed tight and check for leaks? Where does the anti freze leak from when you put it in??

Thanks, Yes there was alot of white smoke, the anti freez seems to leek from the bottom if the car slowly but you could hear it dripping.. Today it wont even start

If the engine overheats badly, there is a good chance the head has warped, or at least the gasket has gone.. especially sine there was white smoke from the exhaust.

How long have you had it, and did you buy from a motor dealer (trade)

You will be looking at a head skim, Maybe the block machining as well.. then a new gasket set and rebuilding..

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but everything points to that..

John

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links