Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Speakers And Crossovers?

Hello people,

After my front speakers decided to stop working :rolleyes: i decided to upgrade my front door speakers.

i went for these clicky

All this ice stuff is new to me so just wanted to ask for some help regarding the crossovers.

how do they work, what do they do?

Any help would be much appreciated, TIA

I wish you had posted up before. The stuff from E-Bay you have bought is incomplete.

The Lexus IS200/300 has component speakers in the front.

This means there are Woofers that handle the Bass and lower-mid Midrange Frequencies (the big ones in the foot of the doors) and

Tweeters that handle the higher Midrange to Treble Frequencies (behind the grills by the Mirrors)

In standard fitment car OE speaker systems the usually use capacitors as a simple crossover.

In aftermarket component systems, they usually include some form of more complicated (read refined)

crossover wheich sends/splits the correct Frequencies of the Music to the correct Speaker.

You will probably need a set of Pioneer Tweeters to go with the item you have bought.

These should work ok Item number: 280204357689

You will need to pop off the tweeter grill and check the size fitment before you bid.

Personally as the seller has ended the auction for fraudulent resons so he doesnt pay seller fees,

I wouldn't pay. I would be wondering why the Tweeters were not for sale.

I'm sorry if this comes across a bit negative, but the forum is really a better place to ask before you buy

rather than afterwards. If I can be of anymore help, then send me a PM.

Best of luck

....plus, if BOTH speakers stopped working, it would indicate a fault elsewhere? Speakers don't usually 'stop'. Wires can come adrift, plugs come out, or electronics fail.

Upgrades tried with caution. The LS system is balanced for aural excellence; changing speakers would alter the balance, possibly. (I'm not familiar with IS system)

Crossovers in hi-fi split the frequencies between speakers, but they overlap them to ensure a seamless sound. In hi-fi, I'm veering back towards single, full range system in speakers, though my triple horn system is very dynamic. The brain processes things/sounds, and badly , or even good, set-up crossovers sound vaguely odd somehow.

Auditorium 23 Solovox anyone?

But, yes, consult on here first everytime.....on anything!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links