Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

84Stoney

Hey all,

OK so i'm not brand new, i signed up just before Christmas, but never did the whole "Hi, I'm new, look at my car," thing. Now i'm bored at work, so here goes...

I have a 2001 IS200 Sport model with a few choice mods:

TTE Supercharger (installed by TDi)

HKS Hi Power Silent exhaust ("The Daddy" - according to Prolex UK!)

Tein adjustable coilover suspension

18" Rota Lightweight wheels wrapped in Yokohama Parada II rubber

B & M Short Shifter

HKS FCD (still slight problems!)

Blue painted Calipers and EBC GreenStuff Pads

Xenon white/blue bulb upgrade (dipped/main/fog)

Sony Bluetooth Headunit (phone and high quality music streaming, plus Ipod)

Here's some pics...

14122007131.jpg

16122007136.jpg

16122007134.jpg

16122007133.jpg

16122007135-001.jpg

16122007137.jpg

16122007140.jpg

Something to keep her warm these cold winter nights. I WILL take care of this one, and not trash it like previous cars!!

16122007139.jpg

Ground clearance on my drive is minimal!

29022008276.jpg

Full system: 2000 Watt (peak) Kevlar coned midrange, 3000 Watt (peak) Vibe Space Sub - Nearly ready.

Now I was gonna leave it at that, kinda OEM(ish) Sleeper style. But it's no use, i want more!

Coming soon:

Induction kit (on it's way)

Silicone hose kit (blue)

BIG stereo (very nearly ready to install)

Headlight mod (Angel Eyes, Brows or both, still undecided)

Also de-amber front and rear indicators

Blow Off Valve (HKS?)

Boost Gauge

Grounding Kit

There is so much more i wanna do, and looking on here only makes it worse! But money's very tight so that'll have to do for now, i also have two Toyota Celica GTs, a Yamaha YZF R6 and a Cagiva Mito, all in need of work! (One Celica and Mito for sale to try and pay back some of my loan for the Lex!)

What more can I say, it's a great car, but I don't need to tell anyone on here that!

Thanks for advice i've already received on here; Rob, Gord, Stav and others. Think i'll sign up for Gold Membership soon.

Car looks great mate, you going for the Grounding kit off eBay? i thoroughly recommend it ;)

One thing im not keen on is the big Kompressor badge on the back, maybe one of the little TTE ones instead? but each to there own i suppose.

Stav

One thing im not keen on is the big Kompressor badge on the back, maybe one of the little TTE ones instead? but each to there own i suppose.

I think it would look good if it was the same length :unsure:

Cars looking good.

Do you really wanna install all that ice and weigh it down even more? leave that for the BIG pimpmobiles (LS) ;)

Car looks great mate, you going for the Grounding kit off Ebay? i thoroughly recommend it ;)

Yeh mate, the one he advertises wit a pic of ur car!!! Can you tell me, what noticable difference will the be? i thought mainly because the planned stereo may be running up something stupid like 200 amps! but many other benefits are quoted, are that actually that noticable?

Stav

One step a head of ya mate. Already thought of that. im not a big fan (previous owner must have been!) been meening to take it off, but need something such as a tte badge, just to show those in the know that it is no standard IS! prolex do a badge, but i saw a better one on eBay that i cant find again!!

Ok then mate, heres a question for ya...

Whats it worth?

Charger kit, suspension and exhauat fitted by TDi, by the previous owner (woman's car, hasband got the work done!). 70k full lexus history. mint inside and out, well cared for car.

I know i got a real bargin, but before i tell you how much, i'd be interested to know what anyone thinks its worth...

Car looks great mate, you going for the Grounding kit off Ebay? i thoroughly recommend it ;)

Yeh mate, the one he advertises wit a pic of ur car!!! Can you tell me, what noticable difference will the be? i thought mainly because the planned stereo may be running up something stupid like 200 amps! but many other benefits are quoted, are that actually that noticable?

Stav

One step a head of ya mate. Already thought of that. im not a big fan (previous owner must have been!) been meening to take it off, but need something such as a tte badge, just to show those in the know that it is no standard IS! prolex do a badge, but i saw a better one on eBay that i cant find again!!

Ok then mate, heres a question for ya...

Whats it worth?

Charger kit, suspension and exhauat fitted by TDi, by the previous owner (woman's car, hasband got the work done!). 70k full lexus history. mint inside and out, well cared for car.

I know i got a real bargin, but before i tell you how much, i'd be interested to know what anyone thinks its worth...

Yeah i helped design the kit, (wire lengths, connections, etc)

I can't honestly say what difference it makes cause i had a few things done at once on the car when i fitted it. but the theory behind it's sound and it certainly cant hurt. Its more for good earthing for better sparking and stuff than stereo help.

As for what its worth, as a whole i'm not sure, people have been struggling to sell the cars charged. end up stripping it and putting it back to standard and selling the parts separate.

Probaly what 6.5k for car then 2k for charger and maybe another £500 for the exhaust and springs fitted?

Stav

Its more for good earthing for better sparking and stuff than stereo help.

Yeh i figures as much, but if im running two 4AWG power cables from Battery +ive to boot, i figured beefing up the -ive to several grounding points would help also.

As for what its worth, as a whole i'm not sure, people have been struggling to sell the cars charged. end up stripping it and putting it back to standard and selling the parts separate.

Probaly what 6.5k for car then 2k for charger and maybe another £500 for the exhaust and springs fitted?

Well i know for a fact that it has been well looked after and picked it up for....wait for it.....£5.5k!

With the intention of doing just that, un-supercharging it, stripping back and making over £3k profit (to pay for the motorbike!)

Trouble is, ive fallen for it and now cant bear to part with it! Bought with borrowed money thou, that i cant really afford to pay back. Oh dear!

Tell me that's not a deal thou!!!!

Yeh i figures as much, but if im running two 4AWG power cables from battery +ive to boot, i figured beefing up the -ive to several grounding points would help also.

It surely cant help and i like the look of it in the engine bay, he does various colours as well.

Well i know for a fact that it has been well looked after and picked it up for....wait for it.....£5.5k!

With the intention of doing just that, un-supercharging it, stripping back and making over £3k profit (to pay for the motorbike!)

Trouble is, ive fallen for it and now cant bear to part with it! Bought with borrowed money thou, that i cant really afford to pay back. Oh dear!

Tell me that's not a deal thou!!!!

Dont sell it! you know its too much fun!

Stav

Yeh i figures as much, but if im running two 4AWG power cables from battery +ive to boot, i figured beefing up the -ive to several grounding points would help also.

you should be fine with ground as standard, a good solid ground from batt to alt is prob the most you will need and a good qulity gorund as close to your amps as possible.

only run one +ve from batt to the boot and then split in the boot with fused distribution block..

looks like you got a bargain on the car!!

you should be fine with ground as standard, a good solid ground from batt to alt is prob the most you will need and a good qulity gorund as close to your amps as possible.

only run one +ve from batt to the boot and then split in the boot with fused distribution block..

Well i thought that i might need something more on the -ive side, and was thinking of getting the grounding kit anyway.

I already have two lengths of 4AWG, thats why i will be using them (£££!) But they will both be runing into a power cap with built in distribution block (that only takes up to 2x4AWG anyway).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links