Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Comer

newtogs3

Morning All. I am a newbie to this site and also possibly to the world that is LEXUS. I am seriously concidering peeling myself out of my Toyota Landcruiser amazon vx ltd of 4 years and am cotemplating purchasing a GS300. I would like some tips and advise on what to look out for and whether i should actually change my car!?! :unsure: The one i have seen is a 51 plate se with 87k miles in black...uuummm....lovely!!!!

Any help or tips will be gratefully received. (If i am going to buy, I will inform the seller this morning.)

ps, this is gonna sound a REALLY STUPID QUESTION, but do the wing mirrors fold in electically?

Come on peeps, please dont be shy, don't just read, please give a comment or something....our does my breath smell??

Hi, and welcome to the club..

The GS will be smoother, quieter, etc (feel free to add as many as you want)

The mirrors don't fold in electrically on UK cars... The J-Spec Toyota Aristo I believe has these (unless I see one round my way) :P

John

Hi, and welcome to the club..

The GS will be smoother, quieter, etc (feel free to add as many as you want)

The mirrors don't fold in electrically on UK cars... The J-Spec Toyota Aristo I believe has these (unless I see one round my way) :P

John

Thanks Einstein.

Is there anything in particular that I should look out for? I've trawled through this site for hints and tips now my poor brain is massed!! :crybaby:

If anything, I would say a full service history is paramount.... (not necessarily Lexus dealer, but preferable)

Check the fluid levels and condition of the transmission fluid in particular.

Check the gaps between the panels... Lexus are a perfect fit.. if not, it may have been in an accident previously.

If you want one with satnav and Mark Levinson sound, then get one with it.. almost impossible to add afterwards.

The timing belt is at 100K miles, so budget for this in the price if you can... same goes for a service as it's coming up to 90k depending when it was last done..

Finally, and before the rest pipe up...... post some pics when you get one !!!

John

If anything, I would say a full service history is paramount.... (not necessarily Lexus dealer, but preferable)

Check the fluid levels and condition of the transmission fluid in particular.

Check the gaps between the panels... Lexus are a perfect fit.. if not, it may have been in an accident previously.

If you want one with satnav and Mark Levinson sound, then get one with it.. almost impossible to add afterwards.

The timing belt is at 100K miles, so budget for this in the price if you can... same goes for a service as it's coming up to 90k depending when it was last done..

Finally, and before the rest pipe up...... post some pics when you get one !!!

John

Once again, Thanks mate.

It does have a full Lexus service history, the latest done in December 07 (an 80k one to the tune of 1k!! ouch!!!)

It also does have the sat nav but its not the mark levison sound system unfortunately?

I've been and seen the car twice already and cannot see any panel damage or gaps other than where they should be.

I think I am gonna take the plunge and get it!! :D :D

Any one want to buy a Landcruiser amazon? (98 - S reg, 4.2td vx ltd, 74500 miles, all stamped up - but not got leather - its the fj100 shape, the first addition. :driving:

Yes, pics will follow

ps, it actually looks very similar to yours, but it has window tint - is it yours i'm gonna buy?? lol.

Nah mate..... it's not mine :)

If you look on the controls for the audio... it should say Mark Levinson under the left knob..

lexus2.jpg

That was one expensive service !!!!

I just had mine done by my usual guy... I bought all the fluids and filters, plugs, belts etc.... around £250 - £300 tops

Had the Timing belt done, oil & filter, all the trans fluid changed, diff oil changed, plugs changed. coolant changed etc etc. alongside the usual service items.. brakes etc.. and he charged me £300, so in total I paid around £550 - £600.... but that is with a timing belt change...

I would really like to know what the Lexus dealer did for £1K...

John

Nah mate..... it's not mine :)

If you look on the controls for the audio... it should say Mark Levinson under the left knob..

lexus2.jpg

That was one expensive service !!!!

I just had mine done by my usual guy... I bought all the fluids and filters, plugs, belts etc.... around £250 - £300 tops

Had the Timing belt done, oil & filter, all the trans fluid changed, diff oil changed, plugs changed. coolant changed etc etc. alongside the usual service items.. brakes etc.. and he charged me £300, so in total I paid around £550 - £600.... but that is with a timing belt change...

I would really like to know what the Lexus dealer did for £1K...

John

The list was as long as my arm, but that is all in vain now :( . I've just been to say YES,and the man from the garage, he say NO, he sold it this morning at 8.30! not really impressed cos i'd gone and seen it twice and did say i was keen, :mellow: but hayho, "he who hesitates" n all that stuff.... :wacko: Never mind, Head up, the search continues.....

That's a real shame.... but just wondering if there was repair work in a bill that high..

Plenty more fish in the sea.. so they say..

John

To be honest mate, i can't remember what was there, but there wasn't any accident damage. It was serviced at Lexus in Bolton if that means anything, certain going off different prices for work in the North Yorks area, it could well be that they are a tad dearer??

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links