Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Smaller Spare

redz_UK

i need to lose the spare wheel out of the recess in the boot due to my ice install..

however i dont wnat to lose a spare alltogether so i was wondering if there are any of the space saver wheels that may do the job??

Just carry a can of tyre weld with you :)

yeah, have thought of that, woukd also mean losing the weight of the wheel which would be a good thing with all the extar weight im putting in!!

just wanted to cover all options.. is tyre weld any good?? how long can you travel on it and does it do any damage to wheel or tyre?

i would personally keep the spare, they can be worth their weight in gold in an emergency. Tyre weld is not going to be much help if you have a blow out. best thing i have seen done is to encorporate the spare wheel into the boot build. some guys in the states have like a 18" Chrome rim souuround by Subs.

Best of Both worlds :hehe:

i would personally keep the spare, they can be worth their weight in gold in an emergency. Tyre weld is not going to be much help if you have a blow out. best thing i have seen done is to encorporate the spare wheel into the boot build. some guys in the states have like a 18" Chrome rim souuround by Subs.

i am trying to do just that.. however the box is rather large!!

in 11 years i have never had to use a spare but know as soon as i take it out then i will need it!!

wish it was located under the car and not in the boot!

• 1 month later...

i am trying to do just that.. however the box is rather large!!

in 11 years i have never had to use a spare but know as soon as i take it out then i will need it!!

wish it was located under the car and not in the boot!

Did you ever manage to get a space saver? I'd like to get one too. I've had my IS 200 converted to LPG and the tank's in the recess.

Anyone know the size of this small spare in the tezza? Wheel/Tyre profile?

ya it's a 125/70/17 looks daft on the car ....

:)

Thanks for the advice, I'll look for an Altezza space-saver. Not too bothered about it looking daft, all space-savers look daft. Needs must 'n all that :)

safety wise i was once told that you shouldn't put a space saver on the driven wheels, so if you got a rear puncture you'd have to put it on the front and put a front on the back...

anyone confirm if this is correct information or bullpoop??? would be totally impractical

safety wise i was once told that you shouldn't put a space saver on the driven wheels, so if you got a rear puncture you'd have to put it on the front and put a front on the back...

anyone confirm if this is correct information or bullpoop??? would be totally impractical

This does sound right, but with no axle stands in the boot kit, it would be a nightmare to change 2 wheels at once!

Space savers are only really there to get you home or to a garage though.

Anyone know if a 225/40/18 wheel & tyre will fit the wheel well in the 200 as i'm thinking of an extra spare when I get my new wheels? (Sorry for thread hijak!)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links