Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Electrical Faults / Gremlins

zizobad

hey i just got this Lexus GS300, its a amazing car, only problem is that all of a sudden, the whole power in the centre console just dissapeared.

i cant seem to understand why, i have checked all the fuses, they seem fine, but i found only 1 fuse box in the engine, does a GS 300 have only 1 fuse box or is there another 1 inside the car, cos i have looked and just couldnt find it, my local mechanic also checked he couldnt find it either.

And secondly what could have caused this lost of power,?

The indicators, wipers, horn, lights, windows are all fine. The problem is Stereo, a/c, heaters, cigarette lighter etc, infact everything in the centre console.

Please i need help, dont want to go to Lexus dealer unless i have to.

hey i just got this Lexus GS300, its a amazing car, only problem is that all of a sudden, the whole power in the centre console just dissapeared.

i cant seem to understand why, i have checked all the fuses, they seem fine, but i found only 1 fuse box in the engine, does a GS 300 have only 1 fuse box or is there another 1 inside the car, cos i have looked and just couldnt find it, my local mechanic also checked he couldnt find it either.

And secondly what could have caused this lost of power,?

The indicators, wipers, horn, lights, windows are all fine. The problem is Stereo, a/c, heaters, cigarette lighter etc, infact everything in the centre console.

Please i need help, dont want to go to Lexus dealer unless i have to.

It is a 10 amp fuse in drivers footwell.It can blow if you have phone charger plugged into cig lighter or 5p coin or sweet pack with foil wrap drops in.

Same happened to me caused by cig lighter part being in glove box as never used and wife putting pack of mints into the aperture.

Yup, look just to the right of the accelarator pedal and you will see the fuse box cover with a small black peg that you pull to open it. as Dave says, the 10 amp fuse, on the top row 2nd one in (from the end you are looking from) will be the likely culprit.

I think it just pulls as opposed to turning it. Lexus Coventry did mine FOC--it was them that found it was just a fuse blown.A nice AA man in a motorway area on his lunch did it next time(I didn't have fuse)That was when I realised what had caused the fuse to blow.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links