Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Flashing Brake Light

wildybeast

I've seen this before, and I'm not so keen on this, if it works everytime you brake, it would get really annoying in a traffic jam - the original pulse bulbs were a much better idea as they only flashed under heavy braking. Only problem with those was the light output wasn't enough as the LEDs were forward facing...........if only someone would make those bulbs with the LEDs on the sides............... :whistling:

Gotta say it does look quite cool though, especially with the strip of LEDs on the spoiler :winky:

Has anyone gone through a MOT with this mod?

Yes mate, 2 MOTs now :)

How'd my video get on that site ???

Word of warning though lads, pulsing lights under heavy braking are legal. However if they were to pulse under normal braking they are then illegal ;)

Has anyone gone through a MOT with this mod?

Yes mate, 2 MOTs now :)

How'd my video get on that site ???

Word of warning though lads, pulsing lights under heavy braking are legal. However if they were to pulse under normal braking they are then illegal ;)

why's that??

makes no difference really....

exactly.

no way it can be proved that u weren't hard braking. unless they were behind u in a traffic jam.

i know mike morse had these type so they pulsed whenever he touched the brake and never had a problem with them...

i've looked into it in the past but didnt find anything that held substance

asked a local bobby who lives near me and he says he doesn't see the problem..

Go for it then mate, looks pretty decent. Can you do a walkthrough when you install it so everyone can see how easy it is :)

i know mike morse had these type so they pulsed whenever he touched the brake and never had a problem with them...

I had some of those bulbs for a while and they only pulsed under hard-ish braking........so simply rolling along in a traffic jam wouldn't make them flash.

I'm unaware of the legality around these though, but will say again, if I was following a car in a traffic jam that had brake lights flashing at me all the time, it would seriously annoy me - but that's the only downside I can see.......

ok, basically, the problem with the ball bearing type pulse brake lights like i used to have, IMO, is that they occasionally get jammed and don't pulse at all and/or often just one side pulses (dependent on cornering, road surface incline etc). the other thing is that i didn't find the brake illumination to be much brighter than the sidelights themselves.

so these sequencer units look pretty smart and especially if connected to the fogs, again IMO.

with regards to legality, i'm not too sure, but know pulsing lights themselves are legal.

lee has suggested that lights that pulse on any brake movement are not legal, but that is a grey area IMO and hard to police correctly. I had a word with a chap i know in the police, and he admitted he wasn't 100 % sure but said the chances of getting pulled for it are almost non existant, and even then it'd just be a kind word asking them to be changed.

@lee, of course mate, i'll post a few pics, as i'm sure stav will also (as i'm following the advice he gives me coz otherwise i'll mess it up, lol).

we should have everything by the end of this week/beginning of next so watch this space.

• 3 weeks later...

LOL funny you should ask,

I've just fitted the single circuit unit on my fogs as they have the fog/brake conversion. and they look great.

Gonna do a bit more modding tomorrow to change the wiring and top light to LED so i'll get some video and pics then.

Stav

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links