Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is This The End?

tdiplc

Is this the end of the line for President Blair?

Clearly this war is not going to plan.

I know that there is majority support for the war, but I think that reality in the population will seep in as the body bags come home.

I think that the support is more for our boys out there rather than the losers that started it, and when it's all over Blair could will get a beating.

Remember Winston Churchill after WW2? Full support during the war, then sacked immediately afterwards.

We are living in interesting times.

Speaking from my perspective, Tony Blair has caused me far more harm than Saddam ever has.

Higher taxation

Less spending on roads and hospitals

Reducing speed limits and putting up speed cameras

Not reducing crime and violent murders. How many kids got abducted and killed during the last Tory government compared to now? Sadly, it almost seems that literally every week, some young child goes missing and turns up dead a couple of weeks later. Why? cos most of the cops are sat at the side of the road in their GS430 patrol cars, catching motorists for speeding so that the can afford more cops sat at the side of the road in GS430's to catch more speeding motorists.

Selling off all British industries and making it too expensive for foreign investors to invest in Britain

Forcing British companies to sack 1000's of employees and move operations to places like India and China (I heard Dr Martin's were closing down in the UK yesterday and you can't get more British than that)

If you ask me, Tony should have been banged to rights and made far more accountable for his strings of broken promises long before this conflict (I don't think that it is technically a war), or crusade ever started. At least you knew where you were with the Tories. Sad thing is, there will probably still be people who vote for him at the next election.

James2210

Sadly I cannot argue with you.

Apparently Blair in America in the popularity polls rates 62% and President Bush 60%.

It is evident that Blair being a trained lawyer and very articulate initially comes over well but as seen at home as time progresses does not produce the goods.

I read that Directory Enquiries for the phone may even be moved to India.

It's obvious which political party Ultraviolet supports, just from looking at the colour of his/her car :D

You are right about the Tories starting the "sell Britain by the pound" philosophy, but you can't exactly say that Labour have put themselves out trying to put a stop to it.

I thought this part of the forum was designed for those who wanted to express issues and receive feedback on things that are not necessarily car related. Anyway, politics and government and cars are quite closely integrated. I'm sure you'll be listening to the forthcoming budget to see if Mr Brown is going to be trousering more than the already £3 a gallon when you are filling your Lexus/NSX with petrol.

Forcing British companies to sack 1000's of employees and move operations to places like India and China (I heard Dr Martin's were closing down in the UK yesterday and you can't get more British than that)

Although I'd admit I voted for TB last time, I never will again, because the man is a liar and a lapdog. So I will not be labelled as a Labour appologist.

However, James you cannot seriously be suggesting that Britain competes with India and China for jobs. People in those countries work for next to nothing and do not have to content with one of the highest costs of living in the world and sky high property costs.

All industrialised countries are losing jobs to the "second world" economies because the greedy employers get to cut their costs by a huge percentage. None of our politicians would seriously pretend that they are able to save those jobs.

I'm just waiting for El Presidente to cross the house and become Leader of the Conservatives, who clearly love him more than his own party at the moment.

...... Although I'd admit I voted for TB last time, I never will again, because the man is a liar and a lapdog. So I will not be labelled as a Labour appologist..

I wondered who voted for Tony Blackburn? :duh:

How the Benny Hill could you not want Nell McAndrew to win! :devil:

TB should NEVER have won "I'm a Celebrity, get me out of here!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links