Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My First Mod

After owning two other Lexus cars (IS200 and IS250) I've never felt the need to go down the modding route, mainly cos I think the cars look great as they are. When I bought the SC all the windows were already tinted but the dealer refused to sell it with the front windows tinted and removed it. For a while I've never been happy with they way it looked as the rear quarters and rear screen were very darkly tinted, probably because the front and rear are so close together. In most cars with a difference there is usually a pillar to divide the two.

Anyway after a search of the forum, took the plunge, got in touch with Richard at Tint-R in Nottingham who carried out the work. I've added a lightsmoke tint to the front as I didn't want anything that was going to attract the attention of the bill and blended well with what was already there.

Have to big up Richard as he was a complete star and very informative, plus he gave me a discount for mentioning LOC!

Anyway I have a before and after pic.

Before

imgp3526tv8.jpg

After

imgp3531vl4.jpg

What do you think? Is this the start of a modding frenzy for the saracen - probably not! Love the look of the car and don't really want to change it. But you never know, I did see a Jag XK with 19 inch wheels the other day and it makes the car look really different - watch this space...

After owning two other Lexus cars (IS200 and IS250) I've never felt the need to go down the modding route, mainly cos I think the cars look great as they are. When I bought the SC all the windows were already tinted but the dealer refused to sell it with the front windows tinted and removed it. For a while I've never been happy with they way it looked as the rear quarters and rear screen were very darkly tinted, probably because the front and rear are so close together. In most cars with a difference there is usually a pillar to divide the two.

Anyway after a search of the forum, took the plunge, got in touch with Richard at Tint-R in Nottingham who carried out the work. I've added a lightsmoke tint to the front as I didn't want anything that was going to attract the attention of the bill and blended well with what was already there.

Have to big up Richard as he was a complete star and very informative, plus he gave me a discount for mentioning LOC!

Anyway I have a before and after pic.

Before

imgp3526tv8.jpg

After

imgp3531vl4.jpg

What do you think? Is this the start of a modding frenzy for the saracen - probably not! Love the look of the car and don't really want to change it. But you never know, I did see a Jag XK with 19 inch wheels the other day and it makes the car look really different - watch this space...

Looks very nice :D Lots of people with the SC change the wheels, as thay are not the best looking wheel in the world :D

Thanks for the approval guys. I'm probably in a minority when I say that I like the wheels. They are actually different - you just don't see them on other cars. Even Lexus are probably having second thoughts on the design as they have recently changed them on the SC.

I have thought about changing them because they do come in for some criticism but if I do that then of course I would have to paint the brakes as they would be visible, not forgetting the Lexus stickers that would need to be added... I can see it becoming a money (and time) pit.

I've added a lightsmoke tint to the front as I didn't want anything that was going to attract the attention of the bill and blended well with what was already there.

Hi

Don't want to sound negative but you will have to be very carefull as you are only allowed a 5% tint on front door windows and that tint you have is much more. A lot of factory tinted windows are very close to 5%.

The police around here carry a piece of perspex with a 5% tint and if your windows are darker you get done....

So be very careful...

Pete

I've added a lightsmoke tint to the front as I didn't want anything that was going to attract the attention of the bill and blended well with what was already there.

Hi

Don't want to sound negative but you will have to be very carefull as you are only allowed a 5% tint on front door windows and that tint you have is much more. A lot of factory tinted windows are very close to 5%.

The police around here carry a piece of perspex with a 5% tint and if your windows are darker you get done....

So be very careful...

Pete

According to the VOSA website: "The front side windows must allow at least 70% of light to be transmitted through them".

I'm not unduly worried (famous last words!), I live in the middle of nowhere and rarely see the police but thanks for the heads up.

Yeah its a nightmare this I don't think a 5% tint means it lets in 95% light.....

I had my last car done and the local guy who did it had had a visit fron the boys in blue who had this "official" piece of tinted perspex that was the same as his 5% tint.... I suppose diferent makers have different names for it....

Anyway I love your car and wish I didn't need four seats or I'd have one..... only a few years to go and the kids WILL have left home and then I'll get one.

Oh and I like the original wheels as well....

Have fun

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Yep illegal tints there m8 a nice fine if the police feel nasty one day, but I had some on for 3yrs an no word of complaint. My brother drove the car a year an has been fined once since I sold it to him...lol

They look very nice though :) I also went to Tint R top job

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links