Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yep I've left the manual at home and when I get back I'll forget to look it up so...

I keep forgetting to fold the mirrors. Can it be set to auto fold when the start button is pressed to turn off ignition ?

Yep I've left the manual at home and when I get back I'll forget to look it up so...

I keep forgetting to fold the mirrors. Can it be set to auto fold when the start button is pressed to turn off ignition ?

Not an option on the US or European models, but may be on the Japanese version as I've definitely seen a reference somewhere on the Lexus site to auto-folding mirrors on the IS250/350....Dave at Prolex could perhaps confirm that, not that it would help the rest of us. The first generation didn't have an auto fold feature either but someone on here (Geoffers???) came up with a hack/fix to enable the function.

Not an option on the US or European models, but may be on the Japanese version as I've definitely seen a reference somewhere on the Lexus site to auto-folding mirrors on the IS250/350....Dave at Prolex could perhaps confirm that, not that it would help the rest of us. The first generation didn't have an auto fold feature either but someone on here (Geoffers???) came up with a hack/fix to enable the function.

Where's Geoffers gone???? :crybaby:

Well helloo-diddly ho

Yes its driving me mad without it. Have to do it for the second gen. Can't see the principle changing much, but just catching up with my life for a bit yet.

I think the problem with this could be that the switch unit is a fixed on or off type (don't know the technical naming of it, other than "dual pole"), so trying to get some sort of earth on/off might need a bit of re-engineering...

That's exactly what I hoping for mate, then we just change it in the wiring to do the opposite of how its left. As it is a fixed position, it will always be one way or the other. We just reverse that.

That way, you can shut your mirrors, lock the car and they will open (if you are having it washed, say).

It just depends how the cabling is multiplexed. I need some diagrams for the 250 as I've not been able to do my own experimentation.

I think the problem with this could be that the switch unit is a fixed on or off type (don't know the technical naming of it, other than "dual pole"), so trying to get some sort of earth on/off might need a bit of re-engineering...

That's exactly what I hoping for mate, then we just change it in the wiring to do the opposite of how its left. As it is a fixed position, it will always be one way or the other. We just reverse that.

That way, you can shut your mirrors, lock the car and they will open (if you are having it washed, say).

It just depends how the cabling is multiplexed. I need some diagrams for the 250 as I've not been able to do my own experimentation.

Rumour has it that the Japanese versions have auto fold as a standard, but Dave Ellen may be able to confirm whether his import 350 has it or not?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links