Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can you suggest any products to remove fine scratches on a 08 RX 400h in Astral Black

The vehicles has been coated with Supaguard but I am seeing more and more fine scratches on the car ( maybe to do with the sponge or chammois that I am using )

Thanks

I've got an 07 RX400h in black and noticed the same fine scratches after a few washes from new. I ignored them and 8 months later they are barely noticeable unless you look hard and catch the paintwork in oblique bright sunshine. This phenomenon is the same for all cars, just slightly more visible in solid black paintwork. My advice is enjoy driving the car and don't worry about it....

I must admit, astral black is a bit of a pig to keep clean. My LS is exactly the same. I take mine to the local hand car wash place for the full works inside and out and when I get home, I break out the Autoglym and give it a good going-over. Has almost got rid of the scratches now.

My Astral black RX looks absolutely amazing after a good wash and polish. This look lasts for....about one night, after which it takes on the general outer london dust that seems to cover everything. Oh well - looks good from the inside.

Can you suggest any products to remove fine scratches on a 08 RX 400h in Astral Black

The vehicles has been coated with Supaguard but I am seeing more and more fine scratches on the car ( maybe to do with the sponge or chammois that I am using )

Thanks

Supaguard is a bit of a waste of money, but I didn't realise it was that bad! If an 08 car, it's barely lasted a few months! The swirl marks are common, especially to Lexus cars as the paint is quite soft - have a search on here through some of the detailing threads (there are loads of recent ones for the IS200) for the different polishes and waxes people use.

It's hard work, but you'll be amazed at the results :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links