Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Allianz & Cornhill Insurance

Not me before you ask.

My father in law aged 85 with a clean driving record had a "black out" driving his 03 reg Fiesta, hit a wall at low speed. He needed a pacemaker which is now done and he is physically ok now.

Car was recovered at the request of the police and taken to a place (remaining nameless) about 5 miles away to be assessed. Before Mrs Mac got there the car had been "written off" and moved again to a breakers over 30 miles away. No problem as Saunders of Stotfold had all his personal stuff in a secure storage. She went to Saunders of Stotfold only to find that half his stuff was not there as they had not removed it from the car, and "secure storage" consisted of a filing cabinet and a plastic carrier bag!

Anyway, Mrs Mac asked about the tool box that was in the car, woman goes into the "secure storage" and says "this one". Mrs Mac says "could be let me have a look". Looks like her dad's tool box so say's "could be", then woman shouts into the back "where did that tool box come from" to get a response "from the Fiesta the came in today". Mrs Mac is then accused of trying to steal an effin tool box FFS. She almost lost it and walked out (and did I say it before) from Saunders of Stotfold.

So 60 mile round trip to get the rest of his stuff from a company called Fieldhouse and Husbands in Dunstable, arrived a bit late on a Saturday morning but they stayed open for us, gave us the rest of his stuff and had some words of concern, you could not deal with a better company, unlike the rodents that feed off the A1(M) crashes.

Anyway he had Fully comp on the insurance with Allianz and Cornhill, they offered £ 3,800 for the car in settlement, I thinks bit low so check Parkers and What Car both come up with £ 4,100 for a private sale for a car in "good" condition. The car was "mint", garaged every night, full dealer service history and driven by an old bloke so not thrashed. A&C say £ 3,800 and we are not moving.

So trawled Autotrader and sent them pdf files of ads that came up with an average asking price of £ 4,600 for an equivalent car. They come back with a final offer of £ 4,000 which he has accepted.

As I see it they have robbed a pensioner of around £ 500 so if you are insured with them change next year.

Rant over.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links