Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

As I dont listen to British Radio crap and only run CD's in the car the aerial is up and down every time I start and stop the car.

Q: Is there a way of turning the Electric Aerial off, (on the stereo panel) ?

I see that the aerial mast gets dirty alot, I dont want to clean it as I see some sort of grey coloured lub on it, as the mast goes up and down that often I dont want to rub this lub off.

Anyone else have this small problem ?.

Thanks.

As I dont listen to British Radio crap and only run CD's in the car the aerial is up and down every time I start and stop the car.

Q: Is there a way of turning the Electric Aerial off, (on the stereo panel) ?

I see that the aerial mast gets dirty alot, I dont want to clean it as I see some sort of grey coloured lub on it, as the mast goes up and down that often I dont want to rub this lub off.

Anyone else have this small problem ?.

Thanks.

Autoglym metal polish, you might even get a stronger signal after cleaning it up. I don't think it's a lube. It's just dirt and gunk.

You can't turn it off from the stereo.

You may be able to disconnect it though if it really bothers you that much. Personally, I found the RDS traffic announcements quite useful when going on long journeys.

I'm sure on the MK1, if you turned off the traffic announcements, network follow and all that palava, the aerial would stay down when you were using the tape or CD. Maybe the Mk2's work the same. Basically don't leave any feature enabled that requires the use of the tuner in anyway.

I'm sure on the MK1, if you turned off the traffic announcements, network follow and all that palava, the aerial would stay down when you were using the tape or CD. Maybe the Mk2's work the same. Basically don't leave any feature enabled that requires the use of the tuner in anyway.

simply unplug the aerial in the boot

probsat

Thanks guys, I turned all the radio stuff off TigerFish aerial still comes up, :crybaby: I cleaned it, looks nice thanks maneesh.

If I disconnect it in the boot Probsat what will happen!!! "She will want to listen to something on the radio" You can bet on it.

Ill just live with it.

Thanks again.

are they not just activated by a switched 5v signal? surely it wouldnt be hard to identify the signal wire and put a switch on it? that way you could decide when the arial went up and down?

are they not just activated by a switched 5v signal? surely it wouldnt be hard to identify the signal wire and put a switch on it? that way you could decide when the arial went up and down?

Yup, they are controlled by a switched signal (12v I think), plus there is an extra signal which extends the aerial or retracts it slightly again depending on the frequency you are tuned in to. Of course you do need to hack the wiring, remove the head unit or have the switch in the boot which some people are not that happy to do.

Yup, they are controlled by a switched signal (12v I think), plus there is an extra signal which extends the aerial or retracts it slightly again depending on the frequency you are tuned in to. Of course you do need to hack the wiring, remove the head unit or have the switch in the boot which some people are not that happy to do.

Yea Im sure there is a way.. But I really dont fancy hacking the wirers or ripping the dash apart and putting a big toggle switch on the dash with of course a big neon light next to it..... :tomato: ( na Ill just live with it )

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links