Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

19" Wheels, Tyre Options

dwgwyther

Hi Bought some 19" wheels see below, for my IS200 so what size tyres will I need? 235/35/19 or 225/35/19, other???

I am looking at Falken 452's or Avon ZZ3's anyone prefer one over the other?

My wheels sizes are

ET40

8J X 19

PCD 114.3

will these wheels be ok or will I need Spacers?

Should be sweet when get the tyres and fit them next week when I get back from Sudan.... :winky:

Oh yes Thuraya DSL :tsktsk:

Cheers

Dazza

post-24007-1211967412.jpg

PCIronmike has just fitted 19's to his IS200 with smaller (less wide) tyres so they just fit under the arches.

I am sure the offset should be 45 with your tyre combination. This is from the pinned size guide...

19" upgrade f/r =19"x8"

19" upgrade f/r = 235/35-19

(A -25mm drop is possible with these combinations)

With 19's don't run any rim bigger than 8" on the front as it will hit the strut.

19's will rub on the front inner arch at full lock, but this can be solved by

cutting or bending away some of the plastic trim.

Regarding the offset, I am running IS250 18" Sport wheels with

45 offset front 225/40/18 (8J ) & 50 offset rear 255/40/18 (8.5J)

Hope this helps you.

Hi Bought some 19" wheels see below, for my IS200 so what size tyres will I need? 235/35/19 or 225/35/19, other???

I am looking at Falken 452's or Avon ZZ3's anyone prefer one over the other?

My wheels sizes are

ET40

8J X 19

PCD 114.3

will these wheels be ok or will I need Spacers?

Should be sweet when get the tyres and fit them next week when I get back from Sudan.... :winky:

Oh yes Thuraya DSL :tsktsk:

Cheers

Dazza

The ET should be 45+ :D im sure you are going to get problems with ET 40 :duh:

Hi thanks for the info,

I have re-read the info from the pinned guides once again.

So I am I right in thinking that if I can get some 3-5mm spacers this would increase the offset and then it would be ok to run 235. 35. 19??

Cheers

Dazza

Hi thanks for the info,

I have re-read the info from the pinned guides once again.

So I am I right in thinking that if I can get some 3-5mm spacers this would increase the offset and then it would be ok to run 235. 35. 19??

Cheers

Dazza

No spacers will make thing worse, the less the ''et'' the more the wheels stick out from the car :D

Adding the spacers 3-5mm, would make the ET37-35, you want et45+ :D

Ah got ya, :iraqi-info-minister: :oops:

So realisticaly then, I need to get 5mm taken off the inside by a machine shop yes

Cheers

Dazza

Well yes and no, dont take to much off or the wheel will be weak :D if you can get 2-3mm off then use the 225/35/19 tyres and you might just get away with it B)

If you already have the wheels, and don't plan on lowering the car then, bang them on the car and have a look. You might get away with just having your arches rolled because.....

I bought some et38 wheels a a few years ago for my IS200 and had rubbing issues. The car was lowered 30mm. I got the wheels on eBay so couldn't return then, so I started by getting my arches rolled. This helped a great deal, but because I was lowered, during hard cornering and dips in the road I still had rubbing, so (thanks to Gord) I got the alloys machined very slightly by 3mm, making the offset et41; I never had a problem since.

I know your wheels are 19" and not 18" like I had but because you are already have a et40 offset and are not lowered as far as I know, you might get away with just a bit of arch rolling... :)

As for thr Tyres - stick with Falken Fk-452. I use them quite happily on a much more powerful car and will soon have them for the Aristo too :D

If you already have the wheels, and don't plan on lowering the car then, bang them on the car and have a look. You might get away with just having your arches rolled because.....

I bought some et38 wheels a a few years ago for my IS200 and had rubbing issues. The car was lowered 30mm. I got the wheels on ebay so couldn't return then, so I started by getting my arches rolled. This helped a great deal, but because I was lowered, during hard cornering and dips in the road I still had rubbing, so (thanks to Gord) I got the alloys machined very slightly by 3mm, making the offset et41; I never had a problem since.

I know your wheels are 19" and not 18" like I had but because you are already have a et40 offset and are not lowered as far as I know, you might get away with just a bit of arch rolling... :)

As for thr Tyres - stick with Falken Fk-452. I use them quite happily on a much more powerful car and will soon have them for the Aristo too :D

I remember it well :D it all started from this 1st meeting mate B)

And now you can't get rid of me :P :lol:

Where would i be without you :D

Awwhh..........saying nice things....... :innocent:

You been drinking again?? :question: :P :tomato:

And now you can't get rid of me :P :lol:

Where would i be without you :D

Awwhh..........saying nice things....... :innocent:

You been drinking again?? :question: :P :tomato:

No, but just about to open a few bottles now mate :winky: not going working until tomorrow night :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links