Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Modification To My Is200

euroR

Hi to you all, nice forum you people have.

Since I am new into the Lexus scene (my previous car is an Integra DC2 R turbo, which I still have for personal use) I was wondering if there

is possibility to swap the LS430 engine into my engine (IS200)compartiment as I have seen it on the Essen motor show but I couldn't find any more info on the web. Or what about an

Supra twin turbo? The 2.0 6 cylinder we have over here does deliver the thrills we are looking for. We prefer no SC or TC just NA.

Hope you guys could help us out.

Greetings from the Netherlands

thanks for the info, but couldn't find any pics ,are there any available? Do you know if the IS430 performance kit is on sale

somewhere? By the way do you know if a JDM cat back exhaust will fit our Euro spec IS200 and are there guys on this forum having a CF hood?

Thanks a lot for your help.

B)

The 430 engine is not available as a conversion. The one you saw at the Essen motorshow was a TTE development car and will not be offered as a conversion. I dont even think TTE managed to get it running properly (correct me if I am wrong Mat :) )

Mat (supracharged IS340) is currently having the supra TT conversion done at TDI in London, but this is a VERY expensive conversion. You can get some information on this HERE

Any JDM Altezza cat-back exhaust will fit the IS200.

I dont think anyone has splashed out on a carbon fibre bonnet from this club yet (my money is on Si..... :D )

I dont think anyone has splashed out on a carbon fibre bonnet from this club yet (my money is on Si..... :D )

JUst wait to the grand unveiling in about 5 days, of one or two body work tweaks, or should I say face lifts - It doesn't look like any IS i've ever seen !!!!!!!!

JUst wait to the grand unveiling in about 5 days, of one or two body work tweaks, or should I say face lifts - It doesn't look like any IS i've ever seen !!!!!!!!

:o :shifty::whistling: B)

putting the 4.3 engine in would actually be a dam sight easier than the route that TTE hd to take, as they had to use only toyota available parts, and the biggest problem was the ECU

if an aftermarket ecu was used, e.g Motec then the mapping would be much easier,the auto gearbox would still throw up problems though as its management system would not recognise that its now fitted to a much lighter car.

i do know of some of the technical data required and some of the mechanical fixes to do this conversion

ONLY 600BHP??

I think Supracharged-IS340's twin turbo car is aiming for 700BHP!!.

Unfortunately the HKS 600 BHP upgrade is NOT suitable for an IS200.

It's for the Jap spec Altezza RS200Z 3S-GE Beams engine.

(Completeley different engine than the 1G-FE as used in the IS200, and the Altezza AS200.)

that is true Mr Grim

the 3s-ge is the same engine in later MR2 and in beams layouit in the altezza

the 1g-fe is the engine fitted to the is200 and.................................the 1970's toyota crowns and 2000GT's :blink:

so toyotas most modern powerunit for there modern youth culture sporty sedan :shifty:

Agreed Mr. Supracharged-IS340

Ineed the 1G-FE WAS used in the above mentioned cars.

But you forgot to mention that it was also used in some Toyota 2.0L Supra's, circa 1988.

Touché Monsieur le Pussycat :cat:

I have ordered my CF bonnet yesterday and my CF boot should be finished by the end of the week :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links