Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Blind Spot Mirrors On Is200 Any Point Getting?

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/prod...95/mirrors.html

Just wondering if anyone has used these and help for example on the motorway when changing lanes? Seen extra mirrors on lorries and such vehicles but very rarely on cars.

Might look a bit geeky/nerdy having them on both driver and passenger side mirrors however.

Obviously if it helps reducing the blind spot area then it makes driving safer... my instructor once recommended them to me but you don't see cars with them on?

However, on the new IS you definitely wouldn't need them due to those large mirrors.

I used to have them on the driver's mirror when cars didn't come with that 20% of the mirror after the line where it acts as a blind spot mirror..

Useful..im sure you see them on certain police cars too.

Does anyone recommend these please? The guy on QVC today mentioned that the mirror is 14 inches wide, measured mine (my IS that is! :-)) and it's 10 inches so will 4 inches make a difference?

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/mai...ame.item.553682

Vision Pro Set of 2 Wide-Angle Rearview Mirror

Get the big picture with this wide-angle rearview mirror! Its convex shape helps eliminate the blind spots associated with standard mirrors. You can see your children in the back seat without having to turn around, and see cyclists or motorcyclists coming from behind. The gold-plated anti-glare surface absorbs and diffuses the harsh headlights of vehicles behind you to keep your vision clear. The spring-loaded clips allow simple and quick attachment to most existing rearview mirrors. There are two mirrors in this pack - ideal if you have a second car!

• 2 weeks later...

There was a product review on that page. Basically they are crap. Unsurprisingly. As I said if move your head (forwards) when looking in your nearside mirror will increase your field of vision.

• 4 weeks later...

Borrowed off a friend:

1) fits the IS' rear view mirror - just as the ISs mirror base is much thicker than its clips extending out - but on a motorway it would scare the life out of me IF is suddenly dropped off - same goes with sat nav (TomToms) in particular with the A/C cold air directed on the windscreen!

2) if you want the sun visor down you have to remove the Vision Pro as it's so wide and then re-fit it - hassle!

Never seen it in any of the mags or Halfords so I'm not convinced but you CAN see the kids in the back but I would still check my blind spot with my head over the shoulder than solely rely on this.

Anyone used/seen this device or something similar?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links