Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I want to fit reversing sensors to my 1996 LS400. Has anyone else done this and if so, how much of a job is it to drill , fit the sensors and feed the wires to the unit. Do I have to remove the rear bumper? Paul

Not too sure about the LS, but I fitted rear sensors to my old GS.

There was no need to remove the bumper, just measure and drill, feed the wires through holes and from under the car feed them along to one side of the car, remove the rear light cluster, feed wires through into boot,and connect up.

Very easy, about an hours job.

The longest bit is measuring and making sure the holes are evenly placed. Use masking tape to draw on.

HTH

Paul

Not too sure about the LS, but I fitted rear sensors to my old GS.

There was no need to remove the bumper, just measure and drill, feed the wires through holes and from under the car feed them along to one side of the car, remove the rear light cluster, feed wires through into boot,and connect up.

Very easy, about an hours job.

The longest bit is measuring and making sure the holes are evenly placed. Use masking tape to draw on.

HTH

Paul

Thanks for the tip, I'll do a nice neat job, promise. Paul

On my Mk4, there was a long metal strip under the bumper, its held on with those silly fixers that Lexus use.

These go through brackets in the bodywork and fasten to another strip of metal inside.

I took these out, took both the strips out then the bumper was bendy enough to let me work behind it.

I strapped the brain to the old phone/central locking boxes in the right hand side well and just ran the sensor leads to it through the light cluster. if you dont want to go through the cluster then take the spare wheel out and all the carpets and fillers etc, then you can drill a hole in the bodywork behind the bumper from inside the boot.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links