Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exhaust Enquiry

LowRed

Hi All just a Quick query for ya all.

How Many Cats does an Altezza have (My old IS200 had 3) thinking they may be different due to engine.

Is it worth getting a Full Decatted System with Manifold for Power Gains? not looking to do much else to the engine other than Induction and Small mods

Regards

LowRed

Altezza RS200

6MT has only one CAT

5AT has two small ones

Have you got an Altezza now? :)

Thanks for the Info Matey :) No Altezza yet but just planning stuff for the future - prices etc :winky:

Oh yeah btw do they have the Oxy Sensors as usual in the Cat/Cats? Thinking of a Full Decat Job for Performance <_<

Yes they do ... but the sensors are in the pipe before the CATS ( manual has 1 but the 5AT has 2 ).... aftermarket 4-2-1 systems for the manuals have the required threaded hole in them already....

If you planning on doing alot of mods then i recommend you buy a Manual as there is very little aftermarket parts for the 5AT as i have found out ...

Good luck :)

Yes they do ... but the sensors are in the pipe before the CATS ( manual has 1 but the 5AT has 2 ).... aftermarket 4-2-1 systems for the manuals have the required threaded hole in them already....

If you planning on doing alot of mods then i recommend you buy a Manual as there is very little aftermarket parts for the 5AT as i have found out ...

Good luck :)

Excellente Mate Cheers, was planning a Manuel like my old IS200 so Happy Days :D

Thinking I'll go for a Full System with Fanimold too :winky:

meh! dont tell me that now!

• 2 months later...
hi noticed this thread, wondering if anyone knows how many cats the altezza as200 six cylinder has? i can see the two on the exhaust manifold, but there`s nothing that looks like a cat after this section. can anyone help?

Dougs,

Here's the piccies of your "cat" to me it's deffo a silencer, cats are tapered front and rear and have a heat shield. The boys at the custom exhaust place also stated it was a silencer -:

DSC00241.jpg

DSC00242.jpg

Andy

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links