Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Quick Question Regarding Insurance

I was hoping you didnt say that. They said it had to be a cat 2. Ba...insurance company's

AFAIK CAT1 is alarm and immobiliser, CAT2 is immobiliser only so CAT1, un-surprisingly is better than CAT2. Just tell them that it's factory fitted and they will ask no more in my experiance.

Thanks MacRS200.

The original owner of the car who bought it and has all the work done at the Lexus garage, just called the garage up. They said it was Cat 2.

Thats what the insurance company thought it was. So if they need a certificate, it shouldnt be a problem.

I'm with Adrian Flux. They are never easy are they!

Thanks again.

Just a quick bit of info regarding which CAT means what.

CAT 2 is an immobiliser system that is to an approved Thatcham rated standard.

CAT 1 is an immobiliser system with an alarm that is to an approved Thatcham rated standard.

CAT 1 is obviously the higher standard of security.

The IS200 comes with a Thatcham CAT 1 Alarm (including imobiliser^^) that is fitted as standard.

It also has factory fitted deadlocks. Tell your insurance it has a manufacturer fitted CAT 1 Alarm.

End of :winky:

Yep, im with Adrian Flux and i had to ask the same question on here like over 2 yrs ago. As everyone says it's CAT1, why Adrian Flux ask that i don't know as they already know this from reading their computer screen. But i guess they ask incase the owner decided to take out the Thatcham CAT 1 and replaced it with a rottweiler instead lol. On the phone when they asked if its CAT1 or CAT2 you should have meeeooowwed down the phone...ok bad joke.

Just phoned adrian flux today to tell them that the dealer says its Cat 2, but all othe lexus drivers say Cat 1. The women replied, thats ok, aslong as it minimum Cat 2 its fine> She the said, Cat 1 was better, but we just want to know if it had minimum Cat2 or better security.

Why could they not tell me that before.lol

Thanks all, i feel i know everything about alarms etc now. :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links