Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Guess What I Came Across This Weekend?

I saw one of these the other day and they look pretty angry - I have to admit I was surpised the last couple of nights when I passed a couple of the new M3's - they really are quite understated for what they are compared to the old model IMHO.

Yep I was thinking that too, it's not that easy to tell the difference between the M3 and a 3 series MSport..........even my brother who's into BMWs saw the M3 and IS-F and said that the IS-F would be the one to go for just because it looks so much more aggressive - and let's face it, on normal roads, you're not really going to be able to tell much of a difference between them :whistling:

You can't compare the R35 with the IS-F they are built to do totally different things.

The IS-F is a sports saloon, the GT-R is an out and out sports car.

What's the IS-F do that the GT-R doesn't do better then??? Of course you can compare them.

I agree that you can't really compare them, the GT-R is a rival to the 911 and the R8, it's a proper sports coupe. Even if it's more practical, that's what it is, the IS-F is a super saloon, so it's rivals are the M3, RS4 and C63. No one ever takes an R8 or a 911 and compares them with an M3, so it's the same deal here.

No car that's based around the practicalities of a saloon car can ever directly match a purpose built sports car as things like the positioning of the engine, etc are never exactly where they'd want them to be........

Now if the GT-R is better than the LF-A then it would be something to talk about as they are two cars set out to perform the same task, but the GT-R would be much cheaper. However, if the LF-A unofficial nurburgring laptime is at all representative, I don't think that's going to happen :shutit:

@ Brick: Btw, I understand where you're coming from, but Tango's one of the guys on here who does actually know what he's talking about........while I also agree that the IS-F and GT-R shouldn't be compared as it's not like with like in my opinion, I have great respect for his opinions :)

Wow...I'll pay you later Parthiban :winky:

I've driven the IS350 and the IS-F, and of course I have the 250, but I haven't driven the GT-R....yet.

I wasn't a fan of the IS-F from the offset..if you check my posts after I saw it in the Houston Auto show nearly two years ago my opinion hasn't changed (Having paid as much for my 250 as I could buy an 'F' for in the US didn't help).

The IS-F doesn't feel a lot different than my 250 on the road until you floor it and then it changes character altogether, but why would I fork out £52K when 90% of the time it'll feel like my 250? The IS350 is the the IS road car I'd have been most happy with, as it's got adequate usable power without going to the extreme, but thanks to Lexus we're unlikely to get it in the UK.

After reading the reviews I think Nissan have excelled in producing the GT-R, and I just need to convince the wife it's the car I have to own before I die :lol: ...fingers crossed it happens before I do :blink: . Anyone want a 250...slightly modified, around this time next year :whistling:

R35 should only be compared with Lexus LF-A or the new supra (if it comes out) :yawn:

Why ?

The comparion has to be made when the price is similar to the competition I previously mentioned

(Audi RS4, BMW M3, Lexus IS-F, Mercedes C63 AMG....... :whistling:).

Illogical IMO to compare the LF-A when you could buy several GT-R's for the same money.

With the LF-A you are buying badge & exclusivity, not just performance.

I just need to convince the wife it's the car I have to own before I die :lol: ...fingers crossed it happens before I do :blink: .

If you get the R35 give me a spin b4 you depart this planet :D

Whoever has the dosh to decide which one to have you'd be a bit dumb for not considering the R35, its a great package for your wonga :D

hi guys i was the one having the test drive at wolverhampton in the isf with ROB from lexusGB

thought i was not seen by the loc

as in hiding with sunglasses on

all the best neil B)

I saw you with your sunglasses on and a BIG smile on your face when approaching the roundabout beforw turing left on to the road where Lexus Wolverhampton is.

You may have seen an IS get out of the way to let you by, you were the silver IS F?

What was it like to drive?

From the smile your face you seemed impressed, and would you agree its a very good looking car?

• 2 weeks later...

Had another go in an IS-F today...this one

30062008017xq3.jpg

30062008017xq3.1671aa1074.jpg

Belongs to the manager of my local dealership as apparently it's the only way they could get one from Lexus to enable potential customers to try it. They have another, same colour in the showroom but that was 'sold' to a phantom customer as it was again the only way to get one for show. Lexus will only supply IS-F's to dealerships if they have been 'sold'. Saying that the dealership group have sold 10 in total to real customers, one of which sold it on for around £4K more than he paid for it...he's no longer popular in the dealership.

Anyway, apart from the seats being a lot more comfortable and supportive than mine it still feels and sounds like I'm in my 250....while cruising. Not surprising really as it's riding on the same size rims with only slightly stiffer springs than my EiBachs, and my intake mods and exhaust make it very familiar. It all changes of course when you floor the loud pedal,the secondary intake opens up and the V8 lets you know it's there with a vengeance. Was surprised when the sales guy said he had driven it against his mates M3 and came off second best (a) because it isn't the remark I'd expect from someone trying to sell me the car and (B) because I thought the IS-F was supposed to have the edge. Oh well, it put a smile on my face for a little while but I'm still of the opinion it isn't different enough for me for 95% of the time I'd be driving it. :unsure: When's that GT-R being released :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links