Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Need Help With My Sick Is200 Sport

dubby

Hi, was wondering if anyone could help with a prob on my is200 sport. my e/m light came on and my trac off light flashes. its got a misfire and burns loads of fuel. i read the previous posts and brought a new coil pack (£107)...........................

okay not the coil pack , dealer wont take it back.guess i got a spare.

i tried removing the coils 1 by 1 n the car stalls everytime, still missfiring.

but even through the missfire if i remove the plugs ontop of each injecter 1 by 1 the engine note changes except for cyl 6 which has no effect at all. so would i b right in thinkin that it could be a faulty injecter (£172)? i.e not fueling prop. and if so then why does the engine stall if i remove the coil?

:unsure: thanks

Hi, was wondering if anyone could help with a prob on my is200 sport. my e/m light came on and my trac off light flashes. its got a misfire and burns loads of fuel. i read the previous posts and brought a new coil pack (£107)...........................

but even through the missfire if i remove the plugs ontop of each injecter 1 by 1 the engine note changes except for cyl 6 which has no effect at all. so would i b right in thinkin that it could be a faulty injecter (£172)? i.e not fueling prop. and if so then why does the engine stall if i remove the coil?

I assume that you did the most basic thing first and had the fault code read before going to buy parts and pulling plugs etc off??

can i ask if u removed the coils 1 at a time or unpluged the wire off each coil 1 at a time as u leave the wires on the coils as u pull them up or it will always cut out, just asking as i learnt by my own mistake ounce . pluss 9 out of 10 times 2 coils will go down at a time

I assume that you did the most basic thing first and had the fault code read before going to buy parts and pulling plugs etc off??

No............. I thought i was being cleaver,more fool me eh.

Thanks for the reply, think i gotta stop bein tight n get it plugged in somewhere

can i ask if u removed the coils 1 at a time or unpluged the wire off each coil 1 at a time as u leave the wires on the coils as u pull them up or it will always cut out, just asking as i learnt by my own mistake ounce . pluss 9 out of 10 times 2 coils will go down at a time

Thanks Widnes, i'll give that a try.

but am thinkin i need to get the codes read.

Thanks Widnes, i'll give that a try.

but am thinkin i need to get the codes read.

Where abouts in the UK are you matey? as i know there are a few members around with the diagnostics tools that might read your codes for you? if you were close enough i'd pop over with mine? :D

Or you could buy one as i only paid £2.37 for my ELM327-USB from ebay, but even at full price there not that bad to buy :)

Thanks mate, just checked them out on eBay and one's flying over from hong kong as we speak.

thanks again

Or you could buy one as i only paid £2.37 for my ELM327-USB from ebay, but even at full price there not that bad to buy :)

Thanks mate, just checked them out on eBay and one's flying over from hong kong as we speak.

thanks again

No worries matey, it should hopefully save you some money over the years :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links